1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best A/T tire for the 2016 4Runner TRD Pro?

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by TexasHusker, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:16 PM.

1. TexasHusker

TexasHusker

I just bought my son a 2016 4Runner. It has the TRD-type wheels/tires. Right now they are Nitto G2s. Actually a pretty decent looking tire! They have 60K on them and still have 10K left, but since this is his graduation present I'm going to go ahead and put new tires on it to complete the look.

Should I go back with the Nittos as it was on the showroom floor? Or Goodyear, BF Goodrich, or Michelin?

2. gkanai

gkanai

Media:
    Modern A/T tires are all pretty good if they're from the major manufacturers. I prefer the BFG A/T KO2 but the others make good ones too. Some might be slightly longer-wearing, or have a higher-ply carcass, etc. There isn't one that is head and shoulders ahead of the other.

3. krice118

krice118

Well maybe see how he ends up using the 4runner first? If he sees alot of Mud or wants a specific size.....

4. TexasHusker

TexasHusker

I would say he's not going to be doing much off-roading. The tires will just be part of a "look" if that makes sense. But I do want something that's safe and long life.

5. krice118

krice118

I would go with General Grabber AT2s then, they look good and are cheaper than BFGs. I have 40k miles on them on my 100 and I think that I will get 20k more before needing to be replaced. They were SILENT for the first 30k now hear them just slightly