What hose is this (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As post says what hose is this. It goes from the master cylinder to i believe the air intake? Thanks

20190222_102738.jpg

Pulls vacuum on the brake booster.

Go with the OEM hose. It is a vacuum line, just a large one.

If this hose comes loose or is damaged you'll lose the vacuum assist to the brakes, they will still work but will require a lot more pressure from your foot.

I would be much more concerned about the heater valve, that is a ticking bomb, about ready to go boom! The vacuum hose looks fine.

circled

20190222_102738.jpg

Do I need to drain the cooling fluid to change the heater valve?

Nope, it's the highest part of the cooling system, so only lose a mouthful or so.

Would add that judging by the looks of the vacuum hose, you might consider replacing the grommet on the brake booster at the same time you replace the hose...or at least have one on hand.

Your heater valve is the brownest one I think I've seen. A good sign that the plastic has become brittle and quite likely to fail you soon.

Last edited:
I will definitely change that out. Anyone know the part number for that. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Search is your friend

Ok I'm finding my self going down a rabbit hole. When doing the heater valve I was going to do the PHH and the top hoses. Is it advised to do all the hoses. Or are some more likely to fail than others. Also I've seen that a lot of people buy parts from Beno what vendor is he.

PHH (Pesky Heater Hose) is a 'must do'. It has the potential to leave you stranded. It is difficult to reach (especially in the field). Your Heater Valve likewise, can produce a 'gusher'. It IS possible to bypass that in the field IF you have the parts with you. Most folks choose to simply replace it when it gets as bad looking as yours.

Other hoses should be evaluated and replaced as necessary and as you can. Obviously, you will want to have good radiator hoses at all times. Check your fan clutch operation while you are doing these other maintenance items.

Since you're replacing the heater valve, recommend eliminating the rear heat circuit.
Carslbad...how often do you need rear heat!
The rear heat circuit has more rubber lines which can fail and drain the precious coolant!
Be patient, have razor blade, shears crawl on top of engine to cut/remove the water lines. Take care not to mangle the tubes coming thru the firewall.
One link:
Those of you who have removed or bypassed your rear heat

I use my rear heat quite often and would not suggest losing it unless there is an issue. Its hard to heat that entire truck on cold days with just front heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom