What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love my 4Plus rear carrier, but the basket obscures the TOYOTA and 4WD trim emblems on the rear, so I bought one of the replica early vinyl sill decals that @oregon fj sold a while ago, and finally put it on today. Put it on the 4Plus carrier frame, since it covers up the sill but is a similar dimension:

IMG_1255[1].JPG

Last edited:
Really love this rig, proper no nonsense 40 crawler, feel like you never see them these days.

Thank you sir. I purchased it with most of the work already done so credit goes to the PO. Your comment is exactly why I did buy it though. I have two of these. Ones the beauty which is still being finished. This will be the beast which only gets what it needs to survive. Well survive and stay looking like a 40.

Wheeled it again at Rausch creek with Keystone Cruisers

4CC4B288-7BB2-4574-B747-2FABF1617B62.jpeg

1C34A3EA-A5AB-4435-B833-77883852A9A3.jpeg

7C9B3DA5-5FB5-4A4C-8186-CD1CE258C1B1.jpeg

And unfortunately took a solid hit to the passenger side fender flare.

56CFF87B-C5E5-482F-903A-03A0D14C4C84.jpeg

Never liked those particular flares a ton so I wasn’t that upset until I looked at some of the prices on replacements.

More annoyed I crunched the quarter panel a bit.

Anyone have any options on replacement flares? Anyone have any thoughts on “armored” steel flares to help nerf this in the future? Has it been done? Saw the thread about lcwizard’s but I’d actually be looking for something far simpler if someone has build something.

Wheeled it again at Rausch creek with Keystone Cruisers

View attachment 2083324

View attachment 2083323

View attachment 2083325
And unfortunately took a solid hit to the passenger side fender flare.

View attachment 2083326

Never liked those particular flares a ton so I wasn’t that upset until I looked at some of the prices on replacements.

More annoyed I crunched the quarter panel a bit.

Anyone have any options on replacement flares? Anyone have any thoughts on “armored” steel flares to help nerf this in the future? Has it been done? Saw the thread about lcwizard’s but I’d actually be looking for something far simpler if someone has build something.
Just build your own, you can do it with sheet metal or tube and in any look you want.

Just build your own, you can do it with sheet metal or tube and in any look you want.

That’s the plan - seems like most of the aftermarket for something like this has dried up. I’m no fabricator though so I’m trying to come up with something that I could build myself that also won’t look heinous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom