What happened to my audio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my 2003 lc the summer of 2017 for 5500. Only 160000 miles. I noticed my passenger side speakers both the tweeter and the door speaker don’t work, any way to diagnose why or what happened? I also noticed when I use my tape aux cord all 4 front speakers don’t work. I have no idea what could be causing this. If anyone has any tips or solution please help me. Thank you.

Yes everything is factory, if i do upgrade i'm going to stay away from oem parts, with the research ive done they all seem like crap. Wouldn't it be a at least $1000 to get a new unit and have someone replace it?

That sounds like a problem with either the head unit or amplifier. Is it all factory equipment right now?

If so, that sounds like an excuse to upgrade the head unit and bypass the factory amp to me... :)
I would have to buy a 300$ part to bypass a factory amp right?

$24 wiring harness from Metra to hook up an aftermarket head unit. But unless your is one of the rare non-nav 2003 Cruisers, aftermarket is not really an easy or viable an option.

The factory amp sits under the passenger seat. Anyone ever spill anything under there, or did it ever get wet?

$24 wiring harness from Metra to hook up an aftermarket head unit. But unless your is one of the rare non-nav 2003 Cruisers, aftermarket is not really an easy or viable an option.

The factory amp sits under the passenger seat. Anyone ever spill anything under there, or did it ever get wet?
i do have navigation, under my passenger seat is the dvd player for the navigation disk, the driver seat is where i believe the amp is, its in a little compartment. hard to get access to it

Yes everything is factory, if i do upgrade i'm going to stay away from oem parts, with the research ive done they all seem like crap. Wouldn't it be a at least $1000 to get a new unit and have someone replace it?

The price would depend on what you want in the replacement head unit, but if you've got Navigation that certainly complicates things.

i do have navigation, under my passenger seat is the dvd player for the navigation disk, the driver seat is where i believe the amp is, its in a little compartment. hard to get access to it

Yeah, pesky factory navigation. My recommendation is relatively simple without navigation, but with navigation in the equation it's a big project to get that swapped out cleanly. :(

It's worth a minute to pull the door panel and check to see that the plug connected to the speaker. Mine was attached, but the connection wasn't very good, causing the woofer in the door to cut out. It caused all kinds of weird problems with my audio system. My iPod hook-up wouldn't connect, the voice for the navigation was only coming through the DS tweeter, phone connections were terrible... As soon as I fixed the connector by simply bending the metal inside the plastic plug so that I got better/tighter connection, everything started working as it should. Easy fix in the middle of a campground mid-road-trip. It was driving me nuts.

It's worth a minute to pull the door panel and check to see that the plug connected to the speaker. Mine was attached, but the connection wasn't very good, causing the woofer in the door to cut out. It caused all kinds of weird problems with my audio system. My iPod hook-up wouldn't connect, the voice for the navigation was only coming through the DS tweeter, phone connections were terrible... As soon as I fixed the connector by simply bending the metal inside the plastic plug so that I got better/tighter connection, everything started working as it should. Easy fix in the middle of a campground mid-road-trip. It was driving me nuts.
I just spent the last 2 hours fixing the problem. So I did take the door panel off and of course the po had unplugged both speakers. I had the biggest smile on my face, I was so happy it wasent a bigger problem. I plugged them in and started playing the radio. That’s when I found the speakers were blown. Went to my local audio guy bought some alpines and put them in. 1st time doing this myself. It works perfect now. Thank u

Gotta love the easy wins. Next upgrade is to address the probably blown "subwoofer" in the back. Use the search. Lots of good threads on speakers to replace the crappy OEM sub. I pulled mine and built a good, small box for an 8" sub into my cargo system. Lots of good space in that back corner panel if you pull the sub. ;)

Gotta love the easy wins. Next upgrade is to address the probably blown "subwoofer" in the back. Use the search. Lots of good threads on speakers to replace the crappy OEM sub. I pulled mine and built a good, small box for an 8" sub into my cargo system. Lots of good space in that back corner panel if you pull the sub. ;)

I just replaced the sub with an other of the same size, worked great and took 5min.
I bought all new speakers from Crutchfield and spent a afternoon replacing all of my speakers, total cost was $150 and I am well pleased.

I used to spend a large chunk of the money of my youth building up stereo systems in my cars and trucks. I would love a little more modern head unit in the 100, but with a pretty minimal effort and expense, the factory speaker placements and amps sound pretty darn good. I'm done tinkering. Glad yours worked out as easily.

I used to spend a large chunk of the money of my youth building up stereo systems in my cars and trucks. I would love a little more modern head unit in the 100, but with a pretty minimal effort and expense, the factory speaker placements and amps sound pretty darn good. I'm done tinkering. Glad yours worked out as easily.

I agree, I can get 110db, how much louder does a guy need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom