What does this module control? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20210104_154452.jpg
what does this control? I have a rhd 1994 land cruiser this sits on the lh passenger side next on the trans tunnel. There is a switch in my glove box jumping the blue/white and blue/red wire that runs to this and im trying to figure out its purpose.
20210104_154514.jpg

Last edited:
probably something aftermarket, a guess would be that the truck had a dvd player in it at some point. the switch is usually for switching between sending audio from the radio to the speakers and the player to the speakers. without seeing the face of those connectors they look similar to the plugs on the back of the radio

Iv replaced the entire radio, factory amps and all the speakers. It had the factory cassette radio in the din. It runs into the harness that goes over the trans tunnel then up into the harness on the drivers side. The black wire runs on its own up into the another wire group. I want to fix and figure all this out while I have everything pulled out to install an alarm and remote start.
20210104_195113.jpg

I thought that at first but the tcm is held on by brackets this one was just glued to the floor beside a block box. No part numbers, just the bs written on it. FYI do not Google the last 7 numbers in series its nothing but links about a std.

Your best bet is probably to find an electrical wiring diagram (EWD) and look there, or trace the wires.

The marked wire looks suspiciously like a car radio antenna wire.
Where does it go?
1609718721600.png

Over the trans and up into the driverside/right side dash. The wire is a lot thinner than a regular antenna wire. Figure since its not an obvious answer ill just trace it all out tomorrow. Im hopping its a jdm alarm or keyless entry it has two green and a yellow wire that are pretty thick gauge. One of the red with blue stipe wins coming out of the black connector has a indine blade fuse about a foot away also.

That circled wire looks like a cellular phone connection. Early cell phone?

Is this a JDM mpdel? As @WCBlueSky said, the FSM will be the best way to confirm this. The FSM also has a component list in it, to use with the EWD; that may be some help. Although I've never seen a JDM FSM...

It looks like its a telematic system. Found the well hidden antenna trying to figure out the brand now to see if I can get any type of wire diagram as it is jumped into my factory harness with very good connection adapters and im sure a lot of the wires correspond with the alarm/remote start I want to install. Anyone recognize the R logo? The Japanese text says connector A so no help there and the numbers are a dead end.

16098605087556014796114358290456.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom