What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's interesting to me. Lots of posts in this section begin with the word "finally".
Well, today I was finally was able to get the updated app from switch pro , hook my phone up to the sp9100 via Bluetooth and program the rear bumper floods to come on when I put the rig in reverse.

Last edited:
It's interesting to me. Lots of posts in this section begin with the word "finally".
Well, today I was finally was able to get the updated app from switch pro , hook my phone up to the sp9100 via Bluetooth and program the rear bumper floods to come on when I put the rig in reverse.
Desires outpace cashflow! 😂

Desires outpace cashflow! 😂
In this case flow apparently outpaced desire, I paid for it in December.

Talked to Alpha Garage via email.. it seems maybe one of these days I'll FINALLY get the grill I ordered from Alpha Garage in December..

He had told me April, well, April is here and no grill. The guy that runs the hot mess is FINALLY writing emails to me and now says my grill is on a boat and I'll get it end of April.. I think I'm going to lower my expectations... AGAIN..

Talked to Alpha Garage via email.. it seems maybe one of these days I'll FINALLY get the grill I ordered from Alpha Garage in December..

He had told me April, well, April is here and no grill. The guy that runs the hot mess is FINALLY writing emails to me and now says my grill is on a boat and I'll get it end of April.. I think I'm going to lower my expectations... AGAIN..
There were some issues with the initial launch of those grilles here on this site. IMO, the seller handled them very poorly (got defensive, would not take accountability for the issues, blamed others, etc). As someone who works in a client/customer-centric industry, I was not impressed and dropped the TRD grille from my mod list. It's unfortunate those issues are still going on a few years later (not the delays - we all expect that - the bad customer service is not OK).

I mentioned this to someone on this forum (maybe you??) but my spindle grille made it all the way from Kazakhstan in under two weeks and is more unique than the Garage Alpha grilles. I have yet to see one on another GX but see the TRD-style grille fairly often.

There were some issues with the initial launch of those grilles here on this site. IMO, the seller handled them very poorly (got defensive, would not take accountability for the issues, blamed others, etc). As someone who works in a client/customer-centric industry, I was not impressed and dropped the TRD grille from my mod list. It's unfortunate those issues are still going on a few years later (not the delays - we all expect that - the bad customer service is not OK).

I mentioned this to someone on this forum (maybe you??) but my spindle grille made it all the way from Kazakhstan in under two weeks and is more unique than the Garage Alpha grilles. I have yet to see one on another GX but see the TRD-style grille fairly often.
Lol.. yea Red, it was me.. apologies.. I'm still rambling on about it. Well .. its what I did today, went back and forth with alpha garage guy.. i.e. "hot mess grills " via email... hey.. at least now he's figured out how to do email.. its a positive step..

Spindle grilles are gaining popularity. I see them on FB more often now, but still not as popular as the TRD lookalike ones

Front bearings day! I bought them last year as a preventive measure, but they've just been riding around in the back. They finally got close enough to touch and the incessant metallic jingling drove me to end my procrastination. 203k and passenger side was shot, but drivers side was like new....we'll see how long the replacements last.

20230407_184340.jpg

well I found a roof cargo box for a good price $$ and the seller had everything for it... keys hardware even the instructions!
A bit of a drive to make on Easter Sunday but no traffic at least... Baltimore to Harrisburg PA and back. It was actually not far from Roush Creek.

Not very much extra noise and it has enough room to really help empty the insides out when going on trips !

PXL_20230409_134342858.jpg

PXL_20230409_134357545.jpg

PXL_20230409_134350300.jpg

Installed front and rear Timbren Bumpstops and drove over a pothole. It was "like running over a pile of baby rabbits when you hit a hole." hehe

6A17F3EF-519E-4D68-B671-04C2DF4D721F.jpeg
First real project on the wife’s GX, lovin it. Obvious signs of seepage on one side of the crossover so pulled that to ‘help’ get at the starter bolts, gaskets on the way. The throttle body and starter connectors broke when I breathed on them so those are on order as well as all the injector rubber bits, plus, a few hoses and a pcv. Definitely a bit discouraging to find out how brittle all her bits are, not something I noticed or even thought of on the pre purchase inspection…

Garage Alpha told me April too

When did you order it ?
I think about 3 months ago knowing that it might take a little while to receive it per their site. I think they hold orders and do a run of "X" amount so its cost effective

I think about 3 months ago knowing that it might take a little while to receive it per their site. I think they hold orders and do a run of "X" amount so its cost effective
Yes, I ordered in mid December . I'm pretty sure they left me off the shipment list last run because I wasn't a pita. Or, they sent my grill to the guy that stepped on his and broke it. So here I am 5 months later still waiting for my grill from "hot mess grills".

I bought these lights off of Amazon for $13 a piece. Getting them all broken down for prime and paint. Supposed to be the same shell as the Daylighters. Really clean and thick glass. Very easy to replace the H3 halogens with LED. I have two mounted to get my brackets fabricated correctly and all 4 will go up when I’m done. Had to put some holes in my LFD bar but not too worried. The lights barely clear the garage door, so I’m going to shorten the hardware that connects to the mount. Pretty impressed. Bought some Daylighter covers. The light size is a bit strange and the cover fits over but is not quite tight. I’m big into Velcro so they got a couple little tabs and and the stay nice and tight. Prolly get some black covers eventually the yellow is pretty bright!
628E9215-610D-4A89-8525-A5E7D0974A20.jpeg
E8C67553-B7BE-4425-BEB2-06B78AF2AFED.jpeg
1B8676C9-CDB2-490F-A188-202272811275.jpeg

added about 15 hersperas to the rig today!

Finally had a chance to put my Club stickers on and of course the Mud as well... I had them on the lower passenger rear window but the spare covered that up now so had to put some new ones on!

Also AC was not blowing cold at all... took a chance and used one of the AC recharge kits... it was LOW and is not blowing nice and cold. Hopefully that was all it was but I will put it in the shop for diag and repair if it doesnt fix it.

PXL_20230416_160311093.jpg

What are these? Sorry for my ignorance..
They are the cheap stuck on badges that the ricer kids used to put on their civic to make it look like it was a faster version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom