Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some serious training this weekend on a washed-out piece of trail heading to Alamo Lake. Even though we piled lots of rocks and packed it with dirt it was still sketchy. Combine that with the fact I’m still learning to negotiate obstacles… this happened. Thankfully I had some great tutors and a fellow Toyota to get me out. Can’t wait to join everyone on the next two ROTMs to get more training!!

Lesson learned, in situations like these, always trust your spotter... not your gut

I bet that puckered your butt to maximum tightness hahah

Lesson learned, in situations like these, always trust your spotter... not your gut

Words of wisdom! Its hard sometimes to tell the gut to shut up :hillbilly:

New shoes, starter and serpentine belt for the wife's 100.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429668950.368550.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429668964.552624.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429668987.988485.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429669000.534572.jpg

I bet that puckered your butt to maximum tightness hahah
It's funny, in serious situations like this (or car wrecks, losing control on a dirt road, etc) I'm remarkably calm and collected. Yet, God forbid I bump my head on a kitchen cupboard and the whole world knows about it!

Replaced main and auxiliary 1930's era glass ferrule fuse blocks with ATC/ATO blocks in the cab.

Before:
IMG_5287-small.jpg

After:
IMG_5289-small.jpg

Leftovers:
IMG_5290-small.jpg

So what the plan for the old fuse block and fuses for that matter? This is the updated fuse block. The earlier ones had a metal cover with just a paper diagram use as a insulator.

So what the plan for the old fuse block and fuses for that matter? This is the updated fuse block. The earlier ones had a metal cover with just a paper diagram use as a insulator.
Plan?

Dumpster!

Dug this work of art out of the FJ I just bought. Pretty eh. Lady owned it for 20 years and was surprised the poor little F let go at 80mph on I17. Not very bright.
Main reason for this post is there are some good internals from this motor. Are the worth anything? Any motor builders in town interested in this stuff before they get tossed?
image.jpg

PM a guy named Inkpot, he might be interested?

Dug this work of art out of the FJ I just bought. Pretty eh. Lady owned it for 20 years and was surprised the poor little F let go at 80mph on I17. Not very bright.
Main reason for this post is there are some good internals from this motor. Are the worth anything? Any motor builders in town interested in this stuff before they get tossed?View attachment 1066170
Impressive!

But to be fair, I drive my 1F at 80 MPH.

Takes awhile to get that fast, but it hums along just fine until I hit an uphill stretch :D

Is yours all stock? It's gotta be up in the revs
Original 4:11 diffs & 35" tires.

I don't get into the power range until I hit 60, so on the 55 MPH roads I'm fine until I hit a hill, and then I'm down to 40 MPH in second gear.

If I can keep it above 70 on freeways I'm ok until I hit a really long hill.

Main reason for this post is there are some good internals from this motor. Are the worth anything? Any motor builders in town interested in this stuff before they get tossed?View attachment 1066170

That F would have been making a hell of a racket before it let go. I've driven a few miles on these engine few miles and the sign are there before this happen. While going thru a divorce my ex was driving my 68. when I got it back I changed the oil right away. Few little babbitts on the plug. Tried to push it for a deer hunt up north before tearing in to it. Living in a apartment at the time. Made it up north but ended up towing it back. Still have the rod somewhere. Slight bend in nothing near as bad as this one. Crank only required being turned down .010" and cylinder was undamaged.

Guessing the block and crank are toast but would interest in parts. would like to switch the 2F in my 70 back to a F engine at some point.

Curious are you missing a window out of the hard top?

That F would have been making a hell of a racket before it let go. I've driven a few miles on these engine few miles and the sign are there before this happen. While going thru a divorce my ex was driving my 68. when I got it back I changed the oil right away. Few little babbitts on the plug. Tried to push it for a deer hunt up north before tearing in to it. Living in a apartment at the time. Made it up north but ended up towing it back. Still have the rod somewhere. Slight bend in nothing near as bad as this one. Crank only required being turned down .010" and cylinder was undamaged.

Guessing the block and crank are toast but would interest in parts. would like to switch the 2F in my 70 back to a F engine at some point.

Curious are you missing a window out of the hard top?
I'm afraid the block did break. Crank may be salvageable. If you want to rummage through my stuff when I finish up your welcome to it.
I am missing the side glass. Know where I can find them?

Not sure if I have any glass from a 71 or earlier but believe the 72 and up works as long as you use the same weatherstripping. That I know I have. I have 72 panels but trying to figure a way to get that whole top to a club member. It's in pieces. I know I have the glass from a 73 that I removed to install vent window. Would have to check if it's here (I doubt) or out of town.

Haven't been on here in awhile, been working 60 hour weeks since February, and just been really busy. Wifey and I just had our first kid last Sunday so life has been wild, BUT the cruiser got a new heart about a month ago thanks to RockJock, and I finally had some time to put my lift on. TJM Progressive Springs and Icon 2.0 shocks. It rides a lot better.

1430087233823.jpg

1430087245152.jpg

1430087257260.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom