What did you do on your 70 series today? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swapped out my 16” factory white rims 285’s for some 80 series 315’s and put on 1.5” spidertrax spacers.
2D134513-DB31-4753-8C7B-1D47599105F4.jpeg
B482D497-DBF3-4B9F-8E8F-FA33344AF9B7.jpeg
EB642877-CF98-4BE1-B467-2A4C2917A1E4.jpeg
Moving the axle forward in a week or two but it’s looking good and rides nice.
85C24768-FEAA-4ACD-8DF5-9BFBE67A855C.jpeg

The fronts must be brushing the rear edge of the wheel openings in turns. Careful flexing when turning.

interested to see your install and opinions on this upgrade.

The install went well. I used custom brackets which themselves work great. It is an expensive upgrade for sure. It it worth it? Well I can't really tell you yet until I get some butt-in-seat usage but again it is much better than old, dilapidated foam. I don't know if it is the custom brackets or harder foam that doesn't really sink in...but I do feel taller a bit.

It is weird getting in and out now because that softer, lower, right bolster side of the seat is not there anymore.

“I’ve done these things all the time.”

Hello,

That is the most dangerous thing to hear from anyone doing precision work. And reason enough to run.

Complacency is everywhere, sadly.

I am glad you found out what happened to your engine.

Juan

Be careful with those spacers... I had a horrible close call with those exact spacers on my 70. Not fun...

Be careful with those spacers... I had a horrible close call with those exact spacers on my 70. Not fun...
I’m aware of the possible issues. I cleaned the mating surface and used the loc rite and torq to 90lbs. I’ll check after 500 or so miles and if not torque to 90 then repeat process. I think issues are from not clean mounting surface or loosing torq on spacer. I have 10k on a set of these on my soa fj60 on 37’s and been good so far. Spacers need constant checking (tire rotation time) thanks for the heads up and psa about checking them regularly.

Nice. We'll be using it as yard art as well. I just need to pull out the MIG and weld some s*** on it.

:)
One of my buddy's technicians welded up a lamp for their shop. Turned out pretty sweet. Although, if you did that, it would be a constant reminder of the *kaboom*

1674161524500.png
1674161385621.png

Nice.

I don't have any psychological hangups about a POS 3B. In all honesty, I'm happy as hell its fckingdead.

But...that 3B has been down Times Square in NYC.......so sad.

i have a few ring and pinions from other rigs that are going to get welded into a 'participation trophy'
probably add some burnt out 3b exhaust rockers and precups for good measure, maybe make a robot of sorts 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom