What did you do on your 70 series today? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joe: I am just curious how well that troopy gets around with the 1PZ?

I cruised briefly at 75mph but feel that the sweet spot is probably more around 70mph, maybe if using some skinny taller tires 75 would be better but with the 31's 70 mph hits the sweet spot.

G'Day Fella's,

I fitted (actually replaced) a 400mm/16" long, 5mm/3/16" hose from the "Tit" on the bottom of my fuel filter drain, to over above the chassis.
This time, I just used that clear plastic tube (not reinforced), for the job.
I have this there, so I can drain the crap out of the fuel filter (into a small container), so I can see what's been filtered out of the system and or drain some Diesel, to start a camp fire in the bush.
Here's a view of what I did.......
DSCN2748.JPG

I was also talking to Rob at The Battery Factory here, and he suggested to me, to run an additional heavy-ish wire (I used 5mm / 3/16" diameter OD insulated), from the Alternator out put, to the starter battery. Rob suggested that with time, the efficiency of the TLC factory wire apparently reduces/breaks down? Thats an easy fix.

Hope that helps

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Last edited:
G'Day Fella's,

Beno, I'm a bit confused with your above TLC.
It looks like a 73/74 series MWB type, with the removable FRP top off .......... but appears to be a SWB?
Please let me know, what model your TLC is.

Regards
Homer

Rainy weekend here so stripped out the seats, carpet etc to install some dynamat. Trying to cut the transfer case noise from my Mark's Adapters low range gears, the ratios are great but they are bloody loud. Found the only serious rust patch under the floor which was around a seat mount which tore out as I tried to undo the seized bolt :doh: So some fabrication & welding had to happen first.

Then in with the dynamat, fairly straightforward install, just lots of trimming around all the holes, brackets etc on the transmission tunnel. A 20 sq ft 'trunk pack' turned out to be a perfect amount to do a 70 series SWB floor back to the back of the passenger footwell where my rear storage boxes start. There is already thick sound insulation in the front footwells so I left those, but there was virtually nothing over the trans tunnel. Only been for a short test drive so far but it does seem to cut the noise a lot.

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom