What am I missing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What goes in this void In my shifter housing?

Any information would be great. I have been looking for pictures with out luck.

image.jpg

It is a plastic clip, that gives you access to move the tranny shifter by sticking a tool of your choice down into it.

A plastic plug. Thats where you put the igition key in to shift out of park when the battery goes dead. Overseas they have a button in that spot to push down on to allow the shifter to move out of park.

Ignition key?

33554C

33554-60090-C0 COVER, SHIFT LOCK RELEASE BUTTON
0000030037 1#4# BLACK,TRIM1#,4# FZJ80

Took me forever to find one of those. I was just too lazy to buy one from the dealership.

To under stand this correctly. It just a cover? There is not much below it. my ignition key just bottoms out with no function. I'm guessing there is more to it missing.

Yes, you're missing something. The shift lock solenoid is below that hole. Stick a 4-in, or longer, flat blade screwdriver in it and you'll release the lock so that you can shift the transmission without a key in the ignition lock. This is handy when you're removing the front console, or moving the truck without a key.

There' is no way putting your key in that hole will make anything happen. At least not in this reality.

I stand corrected, key wont unlock it like most other brands of autos, never needed to use the feature, assumed the key would work. Owners manual states you use a screwdriver.

A little sign that says "Do Not Place Finger in Hole"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom