Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (2 Viewers)

Very cool - were you there when the hospital was hit? May-ish. I had my gallbladder removed in theater and a few days after I left the hospital we lost/damaged the blood lab and the recovery area where i'd spent a few days. Crazy times, brother. Glad you're home safe.
Yes, I was there Feb-Oct, when we moved to Al Assad. Then I left Iraq for the last time Thanksgiving day (for Bagram, AFG...).

Helipilot

SILVER Star
Welcome Bisho and DetroitDarin. Thanks for your service. So Bisho, I know you're not the third from the left but the others all look young to me. My guess is the one in all the battle rattle on but no one looks old.

I flew Cobras and wore the vest, ceramic plate and .38 in a belt holster with a CAR 15, (a short M16 with collapsible stock), strapped to the seat. We flew close air support for the infantry and took ground fire almost everyday. 1,700 hours of combat flight hours. Happy you made it back brother.

Last edited:
Welcome Bisho and DetroitDarin. Thanks for your service. So Bisho, I know you're not the third from the left but the others all look young to me. My guess is the one in all the battle rattle on but no one looks old.
That’s me with my bullet proof mustache and Harley hat. Kept me safe for a couple hundred missions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom