Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi my name is Jason, I have a 96 fzj80 x3 locked, I found this rig in a wrecking yard with a blown motor and in disrepair. The poeple at the junk yard assumed it was a typlical disposable suv. Luckily for me I was able to pick it up for $400. Now after a lot of time and money it is my awesome wheeling rig. I joined the navy in 1987. During my 4 years in the navy I served at Treasure Island damage control A School. Then was sent to Pearl Harbor Hawaii where I worked on a submarine base in the R 1 hull division. I also worked in the R 5 radcon division dealing with radiological controls. After my 3 year rotation there I attended BUD/S training but was med dropped because of an old high school wrestling injury. Also I served in the AZ national guard with a EOD detachment and a forward observer platoon. This was all before 911.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jason, that's and awesome find ($400 for a Cruiser). Congrats!! Welcome to the Veteran's Highway and thanks for you service.

Hi Jason. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Great pick on the 80. What engine did you go with?

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Jason, and thanks for serving.

Thanks guys, this is an awesome thread. I replaced the engine with a stock junk yard motor. After 3000 miles blew a head gasket and rebuilt the top end.

Welcome Bryanseye, and Jason. Nice Cruiser Jason. Thanks for serving this great country guys.

File 03-01-2017, 18 40 20.jpeg
Hey all, figured I'd post up here. I'm Luke and am currently stationed in Northern Japan. I am active duty Navy, as an Aerospace Maintenance Duty Officer (I manage anything related to aviation maintenance, from keeping a squadron of F-18's flying to managing production where we fix aircraft parts). I also served 10 years enlisted, as an AW (Aviation Warfare Systems Operator) aircrewman and rescue swimmer. I've been around the world and most notably flew armed combat missions over Iraq in May 2003 and assisted in the rescue of Hurricane Katrina survivors.

I never owned a Toyota until I saw my 80. Once I saw it, I decided to find one but luckily, the guy who owned mine decided to sell me his! I'm hooked. It's a 1990, 3FE with 39,000 miles. It has a FF rear, limited slip rear, and factory fridge center console. No rust and aside from a few minor issues, in mint condition.

It's over 25 years old so there is a good chance it is coming back to the states with me.

If anyone ever wants to talk about a current, future or past career, or needs general info about the Navy, please send me a PM!

Last edited:
Hi zoojp, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome zoojp, and thanks for your service to world's greatest Navy and Nation. 39,000 miles......WOW! I'm jealous.

Thank you for your service, GO NAVY. I bet there is a lot of cool land cruisers in Japan.

Yes, I am seeing 70s and 80s everywhere now that winter is here. Gas and diesels. Most are in really good condition. The Japanese really care for their vehicles!

Welcome Zoojp Thanks for your service.

Welcome GA682!

Welcome to the highway GA682. Thanks for your service. I love the MUD shot!

Larry in El Paso

Welcome!

Welcome aboard GA682

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom