Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh I'm no 79, I'm a 19D through and through who just got put in timeout for 3 years lol
Roger that, again, Welcome aboard and thanks for your service Ryan. Keep up with your mission numbers and you should enjoy a nice tour in the time out box. :)

greetings. i have never really looked further than the fj40 forum and its nice to find this area.

I have been out the service for a while but it feels like only yesterday.

I was Army. 1988-92..... I left as a SPC/E-4, combat mech.

I worked on 113, 577, deuces, 5 tons, M1, m1-a1 after DS, driver, mechanic T.c.'er (before it was reg that an NCO was required to do it), and rigger on an M-88 (instructor qualified h-8 class from Ft Knox ky). THOUGH ...My main MOS was Bradley vehicle system mech..63t-10 I became a 63s-10 and H-8 qualified for organizational maintenance . but the FMC company come in and took all them bradley away and the scouts got hummers to use instead made by AM General.

I was HHC 3/32 armor 1st Cav Div. tiger brigade
(now 1/12 brigade, back to its original roots) My tank unit spearheaded the Wadi al batin, Our unit is in the history books for spear heading operation that captured the regimental guards that were retreating thinking that everyone was coming up from the gulf as if it was a beach invasion.

I have 1972 Fj40 (US version...i wanted a JDM however way to much for me and too much time and energy to find. Would like the turbo diesel though)

Ok I love it but its now been down 6 years, I have the parts parts parts just not the time now or energy to install half my stuff. I have been the owner of the fj in my avatar 20 years now and except for machine shop work and welding, I've taken it down to the bolts and back up. I know every smell and sound and can work better on it with my eyes closed than open. Weird huh?

type in Loosechange in the gallery search I think I have a few Muddy pictures

for all my cavalry brothers and those who want to be one

Fiddlers’ Green
Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green

Are the Souls of all dead troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.

And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green.

Marching past, straight through to Hell
The Infantry are seen.

Accompanied by the Engineers,
Artillery and Marines,

For none but the shades of Cavalrymen
Dismount at Fiddlers’ Green.

Though some go curving down the trail
To seek a warmer scene.

No trooper ever gets to Hell
Ere he’s emptied his canteen.

And so rides back to drink again
With friends at Fiddlers’ Green.

And so when man and horse go down
Beneath a saber keen,

Or in a roaring charge of fierce melee
You stop a bullet clean,

And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
Just empty your canteen,

And put your pistol to your head
And go to Fiddlers’ Green.

Welcome aboard brother.

usa2.gif

Hi @loosechange, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome @loosechange, thanks for your service and we need to see some pictures of your rig!
Lee

Welcome Loosechange and thanks for your service. With your military MOS you ought to have a killer 40.

Welcome loosechange, that makes one more Army......

Hey everyone. Just found this thread. Great idea.

I'm a former Air Force guy. Strategic Air Command/Air Combat Command 1991-1995. 99th Reconnaissance Sqdn, 9th Wing, Crew Chief on the Lockheed the U-2 at Beale AFB CA and in Europe.

Thought I might bump into some old USAF buddies on here.

Thanks to everyone for your service.

I attached pictures of the rig I used to work on and the one I work on now.

images-1-1.jpg

86.jpg

Welcome Matt, thanks for sharing.

Welcome @Mattman. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Mattman! Thanks for your service. Your current rig is Sweet!

Really like the windmill.

Welcome Mattman! Thanks for your service. Your current rig is Sweet!

Really like the windmill.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Good to be here.

@Helipilot that pic was taken at "city of rocks" New Mexico on a 1200+ mile 6 day camp trip I did this June. Cool place to camp.

Hi folks, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Been lurking for a little trying to find a new ride. Ended up finding her locally.

My name is Nolan, I was Army 31B/31E from 2010-2016. Afghanistan 2014-2015.
Just got out in march, before I figured out what the next move is I decided to plan a cross country trip for next year. Did it once in 04 with my father, want to go a bit more off the beaten track this time. So after finding some inspiration I decided on the TLC. Ill often be in the classifieds looking to outfit her for next summer. I'm coming from a turbo'd Subaru which had a fairly large community, hope to be able to contribute to here.

Shes a 98 with a rear locker.

Welcome MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom