Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congratulations! đź‘Ť

It's great seeing a "twin" LC200 to mine - I really was surprised at how bluish the midnight black pearl paint is in certain lighting. We just got 16" of snow here in MA, so my LC200 is not seeing any light except for the garage today. It looks like you are in a nice climate where you do not need to worry about salt. I'll be curious to hear how you like it - what was your previous vehicle?

I had to take my dog to a specialty vet clinical around 60 miles away and I have to say the LC200 was amazing on the highway - just such a pleasure to drive and so nimble for its size. After I figured out the best position and area for her bed, she loved it. My LR4 has fold-down flat seats, so I do miss that feature. I was not sure if I would like to back seats folding forward, but I actually like it after this drive because it provides a protective barrier for the dog (greyhound).

Oh, hardly anyone has LC200s around here so people have no idea what it is - a Sienna, Highlander, Range Rover, Land Rover, etc.....

I have my LED light coming from Australia to pop in the back panel, still need to install my Front Runner drawers, and plan to do a little legal tinting, but that's it for now. :)

Great to meet you and keep me posted.

Regards, David

Hello everyone. Picked up my Midnight Black with Terra interior past Saturday! Drove it home from dealer and took it for a short trip to my favorite tint shop so far. Can't wait to take the truck on a serious drive. I must confess that unlike most folks on this forum I only came across these forums AFTER deciding on buying mine. I have always been a fan of this vehicle. I am very happy that I came across this site and hope to learn from everyone on here and share my own experiences and perhaps adventures of my own. Thank you and here are a few photos of my new truck.

Just got off the phone with my dealership... no parts, no eta on the recall fix! WTF :( I'm going to put some pressure on them and check in a little more often.

I am really sorry to hear that as most dealerships now have the parts needed and it's a very quick fix. My dealership got the part in mid-February and literally did it in 30 minutes. I know the part comes from Japan, so maybe they were late in ordering it? I sure hope it comes soon - you may want to talk to corporate as well. Most people waiting on LC/LX have now taken ownership.

Just got off the phone with my dealership... no parts, no eta on the recall fix! WTF :( I'm going to put some pressure on them and check in a little more often.

Hello Dan,

Thanks so much for the message. Ah, I may have got the e-mail slightly off for some reason - my apologies. I barely post on Instagram anymore, but use it to keep up with folks and learn about different vehicles. I sure hope you post some of your photos, because they are surely amazing.

I appreciate you providing the information on the tires - that sounds great. I will likely just keep the stock wheels (I may powder coat them black) and go with the 285/65/R18 KO2s and be done. I like the idea of the tread and ability to do 17" wheels, but I don't think I will ever need them in the coming future. I will save my money likely and do the ARB drawers, as those are most important to me. I currently have Front Runner and I love them, but it says the ones for 2018 LC200 are not available right now. I will also likely do a roof rack, but keep it relatively streamlined like a Gobi or Pinsu. I also want to mount my onboard air compressor, but at this point it's more of a light build. I don't plan to go crazy with this one as I want it to last for years and use it mainly for travel. Wow, you sure got the miles! :) I am way way below that as I said, so the LC should not rack up mileage much, though I am planning some bigger trips for sure.

I am looking forward to keeping in touch!!!

Regards and blessings, David

Hey David...did you powdercoat your stick wheels and go bigger on the KO2s? If so, could you post pics. Wife finally wants to pull the trigger on a 200. We will likely go 18 or 19 Magnetic Gray. But I'm limited on mods. She's giving me wheels and tires

Hello! My apologies for the delay in response. No, I did not yet powder coat my wheels or black out the chrome trim. I am planning to tackle that job in the summer. So far all I have done is get the KO2 wheels in 285/65/R18 (the size most people get on their stock wheels) and Front Runner drawers. That's it for now. It's hard for me, because I was nonstop modifying my Land Rover! :)

Hey David...did you powdercoat your stick wheels and go bigger on the KO2s? If so, could you post pics. Wife finally wants to pull the trigger on a 200. We will likely go 18 or 19 Magnetic Gray. But I'm limited on mods. She's giving me wheels and tires

Last edited:
Hello! My apologies for the delay in response. No, I did not yet powder coat my wheels or black out the chrome trim. I am planning to tackle that job in the summer. So far all I have done is get the KO2 wheels in 285/85/R18 (the size most people get on their stock wheels) and Front Runner drawers. That's it for now. It's hard for me, because I was nonstop modifying my Land Rover! :)

No worries bro...wasn't trying to impede. I'm just happy the wife finally said yes. My 4Rnr is the project vehicle so the 200 will be unmodded. Are you going full gloss, semi, or matte?

Hello,

No impeding at all, very happy to chat with you and learn more. Yes, sometimes it's hard to get the women to agree to mods, that's why I don't even let mine drive. HAHAHA! I am not sure what I will do, thinking likely satin/semi? What do you think?

Regards, David

No worries bro...wasn't trying to impede. I'm just happy the wife finally said yes. My 4Rnr is the project vehicle so the 200 will be unmodded. Are you going full gloss, semi, or matte?

@finlayforprez you mean 285/65/R18 right, not 285/85. Figured it's easy to fat finger that, and in case anyone just looks at this wouldn't want them wondering why they can't find that size

So my wife is officially a LC owner. We bought one tonight. Won't collect till next week...email and text are great negotiation tools. Post pics next week

Congratulations! Is it a left over 2018 or 2019? What color combination?

I agree, I used e-mail and texting as a negotiation across various dealerships and ended up getting an incredible deal that way. Luckily my area does not have a huge market, so dealerships were very motivated. It did mean I had deposits on 3 of them before I ended up with mine. 🤪

So my wife is officially a LC owner. We bought one tonight. Won't collect till next week...email and text are great negotiation tools. Post pics next week

Congratulations! Is it a left over 2018 or 2019? What color combination?

I agree, I used e-mail and texting as a negotiation across various dealerships and ended up getting an incredible deal that way. Luckily my area does not have a huge market, so dealerships were very motivated. It did mean I had deposits on 3 of them before I ended up with mine. 🤪

Agreed bro...they sell maybe one or two a year in the Omaha area. We bought a 2019 and its magnetic gray w/ black interior. Wife loves the gray. I like the silver and black interior but not my vehicle. I'll post pics once we get the truck. We're going to do the basic window tint, clear bra, and weather tech mats. This summer powdercoat wheels and KO2s.

I almost got the magnetic grey with terra (I really wanted terra and was not budging), but ended up with the midnight black with terra. Sometimes I have a little regret, but I really wanted black, so it all worked out well.

The more I look at my black, the more I like the chrome trim and silver wheels, but still likely going to black everything out.

Agreed bro...they sell maybe one or two a year in the Omaha area. We bought a 2019 and its magnetic gray w/ black interior. Wife loves the gray. I like the silver and black interior but not my vehicle. I'll post pics once we get the truck. We're going to do the basic window tint, clear bra, and weather tech mats. This summer powdercoat wheels and KO2s.

Great looking truck bro. Don't mind the chrome either. My wife wants gloss black wheels...she likes the black wheels on our 2018 4Rnr. I will go slightly bigger tires.

I almost got the magnetic grey with terra (I really wanted terra and was not budging), but ended up with the midnight black with terra. Sometimes I have a little regret, but I really wanted black, so it all worked out well.

The more I look at my black, the more I like the chrome trim and silver wheels, but still likely going to black everything out.

20190404_120212.jpg

Thanks, buddy! I love that 4Runner, looks so nice. My rover was white with all black trim, such a classic look. What size tire are you going? 285/65/R18? I built up my rover so much, so I am trying to keep the LC smart and strategic about modifications.

Great looking truck bro. Don't mind the chrome either. My wife wants gloss black wheels...she likes the black wheels on our 2018 4Rnr. I will go slightly bigger tires.

Thanks, buddy! I love that 4Runner, looks so nice. My rover was white with all black trim, such a classic look. What size tire are you going? 285/65/R18? I built up my rover so much, so I am trying to keep the LC smart and strategic about modifications.

Yes...the ratio you provided now and earlier in the thread. Thank you for the praise...trying to do the same for the LC as well. Picking her up tomorrow.

Greetings! New member and excited, brand spanking new 200 owner. Upgraded my old trusty 2010 Tacoma for something even more trusty. Love it! Learned a lot from the forums already, and looking forward to making my LC more our own through your collective advice and experience on tips and upgrades. As if you haven’t seen a mag gray 200 before, here’s my new baby...

7F7BD8A0-F44D-4914-8F32-379C3CD4B361.jpeg

Good morning, Another new member here. I joined a couple months back when I was in research mode. I knew I wanted a Land Cruiser, but wasn't sure which series or year. I love the look of the older models so I was all over the place until I started reading here, which helped me to identify my specific needs / future needs. This place is amazing and I felt I made a very informed decision when I purchased my '18 LC 200 in February (birthday present) White with Terra and no DVD. but has remote start! I found it new at local dealership. I plan on the usual mods to allow me access to all the trails I have enjoyed in the Rockies the past 27 years. I started with tinting the front windows to match the rest of the factory tint, clear bra in all the right places, then to Slee for sliders. I will be tackling suspension and wheel / tire combo here shortly. I'll try to contribute as best as I can when I can. Here is a quick pic...Had our blizzard last night. Thank you.
2018 Land Cruiser.jpg

Welcome! :) It's great seeing new LC200 owners. I agree with you, this has been a fanstastic forum and I have learned so much already and received great advice/recommendations. Looking forward to communicating with you and seeing what you do with your beautiful rig. I always smile when I see the magnetic gray, as I almost went that route as well. I love it!

Greetings! New member and excited, brand spanking new 200 owner. Upgraded my old trusty 2010 Tacoma for something even more trusty. Love it! Learned a lot from the forums already, and looking forward to making my LC more our own through your collective advice and experience on tips and upgrades. As if you haven’t seen a mag gray 200 before, here’s my new baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom