Welcome f*%#en home!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With insurance it's a pain, ICBC will insure for more, but you will pay through the nose for it (probably cheaper to buy new stuff anyways) and you have to make sure to read all the fine print on how it's supposed to be installed and if there are any exceptions, I looked at doing a dedicated insurance plan for my tools through a private insurance but then you are still dealing with another deductible and depending on who you go with some of them get pricey. Just use your home insurance, I've been with Wawanesa for over 12 years and they've actually been good so far, I've had one claim about 10 years ago and they covered everything without problems. We'll see how this one goes.

Locking it down

I've thought of this a bit....

I would consider covering the windows in extruded steel. But in a design that could be removed if needed. Then all the door seams re-enforced and install padlocks with covers to prevent cutting the doors. Armour it up! I think it would look cool too.

I have the power door lock/alarm engine immobilzer in mine, but it doesn't stop theft.

Once the steel is on the windows, even one for the windshield that folds down, plus some dark tint all around...I would think it would prevent any attempt. Plus you could sleep in it bloodly well anywhere.

042-P1200672.jpg

Theft seems to be one of those crimes that no body cares about,except for the victim.It starts with education and parental involment. My 2 cents Mike

Better install a 7something litre diesel in then to power all that weight!

That's the cool thing about a 3b. The more weight or load behind doesn't make a huge difference, it's still slow. From when I have been loaded super heavy or towing my utility trailer there is hardly too much difference.

Even having 500lbs up on my roof hardly makes much difference. Odd tanks we drive.

sorry about the break in's, i guess its the little bit of south african in me but if you ever watch the discovery channel you'll see my dads cousins' friend who attached flamethrowers under the doors because he was sick of getting car jacked, maybe we all need to rig somth'n up to our truck, i dont know about yoyu but i like my dirty little thief well done

Check post #34, there's the video of the flame thrower. As for cages, doesn't help, I have an inside cage across all the back windows and across the back seat, makes no difference if you're out of town and the bastards have a night or two to piss around with it. As for the 3B comment, I love that engine, totally empty or loaded with camping stuff or bricks and landscape ties, same speed - slow. Don't even notice a difference in fuel economy. Although down hill, with the wind pushing the damn thing goes like a bullet.....until the road starts going up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom