WeGoNow. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look into the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic and the Fall Crawl at the Cove on your list for 2022. Annual events that many MUD members from the Mid-Atlantic to the Northeast attend.
Will for sure do that, We are targeting the carolinas for the Fall then make our way South for the winter. Thinking march, April in Augusta. I hear there is a golf thing that goes on there. April through August we will heard up the East coast then turn back West for 23.. We are in the
Wagon run June this year, then we plan on the Black Hills Cruiser Classic in July. We are staying in Spearfish the entire month. Figure...when in Rome...

A few more days in Arizona.. 2 months and we have only scratched the surface. Headed to St George Utah on Saturday. So far the rig has held up well. Looking to add addtional fuel capacity for the Wagon Run in June as well as storage. Im looking at Wolf Pack storage box, or 2. Figure I can moutn these on the Prinsu and keep the RTT stuff up top and out of the rig. Any suggestions for this are welcome. Figured having the sleeping stuff acceable from the tent would be a time saver as well.

A few more days in Arizona.. 2 months and we have only scratched the surface. Headed to St George Utah on Saturday. So far the rig has held up well. Looking to add addtional fuel capacity for the Wagon Run in June as well as storage. Im looking at Wolf Pack storage box, or 2. Figure I can moutn these on the Prinsu and keep the RTT stuff up top and out of the rig. Any suggestions for this are welcome. Figured having the sleeping stuff acceable from the tent would be a time saver as well.
Beautiful area and great time of year. Those are nice boxes. But I think something like these may be more your speed SHREG...

They’re up in Salt Lake

Arrived in Hurricane Utah,. Like Arizona it seems there is a trail at every turn. Will have a couple of months to explore. Thinking of Cruise Moab and some local wheeling. 1 day in and its pretty clear there will be plenty to do. Hopefully have the Prinsu storage box in a couple of weeks.

Hurricane 1.JPG

Hurricane 2.JPG

Hit the Honeymoon trail,. portions of it this weekend. Little drive through Zion on Sunday. Front Runner storage box passed the first test. Should have room for one more. Will use to store RTT stuff and get it out of the way.

Honeymoon trail.JPG

Zion.JPG

Last edited:
I search of hiking trails and primitive camping for testing the new storage container, and trasharoo we ventured in to Zion on roads less traveled. We found some great spots for primitative camping near a great trail in the Red Cliffs park area north of St George. Next weekend, weather permitting we will head to Salt Lake City. Plan B is the Sandy Hollow off road trails. So far Hurricane has been nothing short of amazing.

Primitaive camping .jpg

Raod photo.jpg

red cliffs virgin river 2.jpg

Snow machine.jpg

If you are running around that area, take a trip up to Grosvenor Arch, "the Gut" and Cottonwood creek. It will take you down to HWY 89 near Page and Lake Powell. Won't regret it, the colors of the land are out of this world.
1615856132511.png

1615856188597.png

1615856239695.png

I assume a trip to the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum is in your future?
We had planned on going up this weekend but the weather up North has taken a turn. @Azca thanks for the pro-tip. My wife @razzoo mentioned Lake Powell to me today. We are hitting sand hollow this Saturday and will plan a trip out to the lake soon. Time sure is ticking by here.. so much more to explore.

In tech news... I ordered Radflo shocks today. really looking forward to being able to run the back roads a little smoother.

Decided to open up the tent and make sure the new Front Runner storage Boxes were going to workout. Well, they work great, however, getting the cover back on teh RTT proved to be a challenge given the lack of space. File this under lessons learned. Remounted the boxes and that gave me much more spce. Also worked out better for the high lift.. And we have a little Jeep rescue to boot.

front runner remount 1.jpg

Front runner remount 2.jpg

Front runner test 2.jpg

Front runnner test 1.jpg

Jeep recovery 1.jpg

Easter weekend we headed up HWY 12 hit Bryce, Capitol Reef, Kodachrome, Escelante, Canyon Lands and Arches in what i called "by the seat of our pants" weekend. No planned camping.. Just find spots.... @razzoo and i typically plan and reserve ALL of our camping.... this weekend would be left to fate

RTT worked great, we will need to re-think interior storage for the Rubicon trip but overall a very good "practice" run. We found dispersed camping outside of Capitol and a good campground near Bryce.. Final night we bailed out and stayed at a hotel in Moab and had a long shower and nice dinner at Moab brewery.

Hoping we can get in another trip next weekend Grosvenor Arch.. Maybe over Saturday night. See the Gut in early light Sunday and perhaps catch a sunset there on Saturday.

Next stop will be in CA, staying in Chowchilla. We are going to try to get to Big Sur for a weekend and then Memorial in Yosemite. We will be there until June then move to Reno for our prep for Rubicon. Could not find accommodations in Tahoe for the bus. Will make a weekend trip or two into Tahoe

Started traveling for work again so weekday adventures have been minimized. This has been a very amazing 7 weeks in Utah...

In tech news, I ordered Radflo shocks and should have them installed early may. Looking forward to seeing how those can change our experience on the rough, wash board type roads. Also looking at options for dual battery setup, solar and OBA.. Not sure i want to rely on my tank. Would be nice to have a backup and use tank for emergencies. Lots of good info within MUD to make an educated decision.

Bryce .jpg

Bryce camping 2 sunset.JPG

Night camping 2.jpg

Last edited:
@razzoo went back home for the week so last Thursday I took 1/2 day and got a guided tour through Sand Hollow. If your in the area, GO! Fairly typical of Utah at every turn there is beauty. Just non-stop amazing pictures. Hard to do it justice. I was able to drive the chute, and we did Smurfette. My rear P-side fender flare let loose, previous repair by PO did not hold up to tire rubbing at full stuff. We put that OME 3' lift through its paces. lots of tight spots, and the sand! High speed banking in a fat truck is fun... And i just did the 7 pin mod.. came in handy for sure.

Sand Hollow 1.jpg

Chute 1.jpg

Chute.jpg

Last edited:
Moving day. Southwest Utah is an amazing place....but we were ready to get out of the dessert. We moved to Chowchilla Ca and will be here until June 5th. We have already visited Sequoia and have a weekend planned for Big Sur in a few days. Enjoying water, and trees!! If your traveling a great deal, in RV, trailer or what have you. Take a look at Harvest Hosts. We stayed at a golf course in Bakersfield on our trip to Three Rivers. Great spot, safe and quiet. On the tech side we are preparing for Rubicon and are looking at systems for hot water and a biffy option... Shocks will be installed 2 weeks before Rubicon... Moving to Reno June 5th.

Harvest host.JPG

IMG_3882.jpg

All settled in Chowchilla. As to not have a moments rest we busted out to the cast last weekend and did Route 1 Montray to just south of the Herst digs. Camped over night for 2 nights on big sur, hit the beach and spotted a fine example of an FJ60 at the Big Sure bakery. Radflo shocks shipped on Thursday. We move to Reno in a couple of weeks and will take a day to get them installed in preparation for the Rubithon! We dipped a toe in teh ocean and now we head East. Reno, Spearfish, Duluth Mn, St Paul then south.

Beach big sur.jpg

Big sur camping.jpg

fj 60 big sur.jpg

flowers sign big sur.jpg

Rout 1 -1.jpg

This past weekend we stayed at a VRBO in Yosemite not far from the South entrance. Amazing place if you have not had a chance to visit... Make sure you get time in the park for sun set and rise. We hit glacier point for sunrise and it was amazing. On the same day we stuck around for sunset and night photography at Tunnel View upper parking lot. On teh last day we ventured off into some FSR in search of primitive camping. The previous storms devastated some of the surrounding forests and as a result our side adventure was cut short. After looking at the FSR maps around Yosemite i think next time back we will do more exploring of those for views.

This heat has taken its tole on the battery in the LX. Will need to replace that before the Wagon Run June 23rd. Considering a dual battery setup, at the very least a portable solar charging setup. Front breaks have also taken a beating so they will need replacing while near Sacramento so if you know of a local shop you can recommend please let me know.

I ordered and received my heavy duty rear links from @LandCruiserPhil and will install this week. Those babies are massive! Great service and delivery from LCP and what looks to be a solid part.

Moving over near Placerville on Wednesday. I have had enough of the central valley heat!! Maybe go see @orangefj45 at Valley Hybrids and see if he can ft me in for Dual battery config.... Fingers crossed as I know your busy Georg...

tunel view .jpg

Big sandy camp ground.JPG

night time tunel view.jpg

Sun rise glacier point .jpg

Last edited:
Radflo shocks installed, tuned then re-installed today. WOW... Not perfect as I need to update my Springs to 4" the old OME are pretty clapped out. However, you can flat out haul arrse on the dirt roads...thats some kinda fun right there.

Next up front beaks and HD drop links on Tuesday. Bolts are rusted on the mounting brackets, will either drill them out or burn the brackets on!! Will also hit up Georg at Valley Hybrids this week for some spare parts goodness...

9 days until Rubithon!!

flex.jpg

front .jpg

In the box.jpg

Checked the Rubicon bucket list box! The custom tuned Radflo shocks made a huge difference in how the LX managed the rocks over the weekend. I also added HD bump stops in the rear to limit up travel and removed the sway bar that was destroyed at Sand Hollow! I purchased HD links but they need to be welded as the bolts broke off. Georg at Valley Hybrids set me up with steering components just in case. As usual the tech was not done until 7 hours prior to departure. Brake booster failed the Saturday before the run and I replaced the starter as a precaution. I ordered new 4" springs but they did not arrive in time.

Big thanks to Steve and Justin Pryor, Onur as they guided the wagons through some pretty nasty stuff with limited damage. Made some new, lifelong connections in the Cruiser community. Overall an epic weekend. Loon Lake to Buck Island was a 15 hour marathon, we lost several wagons through the day and had a flop within site of camp. Once setup i think i had the best beer in my life with a jamo back...

Off to the Black Hills, maybe catch a day at the BHCC. All in all not a bad 11 month road trip so far. Id like to add an Ice Man run if we have time. I think Jen is done wheeling for a bit. :)

Hammers
Sand Hollow
Rubicon
Various AZ trails.

Tons of upgrades along the way... and more to come...

Moon rise.JPG

Nice shot.JPG

Observation point.JPG

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin. We left Plymouth CA on Tuesday after work and started making our way East to Spearfish SD. Stayed over a couple nights in park City, visited the LandCruiser Heritage Museum in SLC.. A MUST stop. Then Park City to Casper Wyoming, perhaps the most beautiful drive on our 12 month road trip in the RV. We are settled in Spearfish for July.

Looking for a local shop to get some work done on the LX, would like to get the 4' ironman springs installed and after Rubithon my exhaust needs some love. So if you "Gatta Guy" id appreciate a heads up. Black Hills Cruiser Classic next week!! Cant attend the event but im asking politely if i can tag along for one day.

Wyoming.JPG

LCM.JPG

@razzoo has been working on the photos from Rubithon, shes got a bunch. Thought id share a couple hot off the press.

Very impressed with the LX able to stay stable with the Radflo shocks, after removing the sway bar it really stretched out nice. Jen got some good shots of the truck working well. And bonus point featuring expert spotting by @Onur into Buck Island...

We hope to get over to the Black Hills Cruiser Classic this week for a visit... would love to run Ice Man this week to top off a pretty cool 3 week wheeling adventure.

Rubithon flex.JPG

full moon flex 3.JPG

river crossing .JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom