Water Pump

• Thread starter Farmcat82
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
Farmcat82

Farmcat82

SILVER Star
Been losing anti-freeze little by little over the summer until now. Pulled it out of the garage the other day and it was a steady stream. Looked like the water pump was seeping on the driver side and dripping from the little vacuum switch that screws in. Ordered what I could today from the dealer but needed to know if I had an oil cooler? Didn't know that was a thing? Looks easy to decipher and find on previous threads. Anyone with good advice before I start in would always be appreciated.

Pighead

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Yes, some 2Fs had an oil cooler. Starting mid 70s i think. Little box low on passenger side of block, in front of the dizzy. 2 water hoses running to it. Oil filter mounts to it IIRC. I got rid of mine long ago. Difference in the water pump is an extra port for the hose.

Farmcat82

Farmcat82

SILVER Star
Looking at the pictures on Mud looks like it is right next to the filter? Probably obvious when it's in front of me.

Farmcat82

Farmcat82

SILVER Star
A29CEC95 3DE1 4EE1 AE2B 7610710EB73B
Do people normally restore the thermostat housings or do they just put them back together as/is

ToyotaMatt

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Been losing anti-freeze little by little over the summer until now. Pulled it out of the garage the other day and it was a steady stream. Looked like the water pump was seeping on the driver side and dripping from the little vacuum switch that screws in. Ordered what I could today from the dealer but needed to know if I had an oil cooler? Didn't know that was a thing? Looks easy to decipher and find on previous threads. Anyone with good advice before I start in would always be appreciated.

is this what u have going on leaking ?

if so ?

i have your repair parts solution OEM toyota genuine parts

bvsv3-jpg.19772

bvsv1-jpg.19773

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1429673457-151063-jpg.1065342

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1429673471-208444-jpg.1065343

ToyotaMatt

ToyotaMatt

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Farmcat82

Farmcat82

SILVER Star
I think that is it. So hard to see with everything attached. Sounds like there is switch 1 and switch 2 at our dealerships parts dept and 1 of them was no longer available. Nice thing is that winter is coming and i have nothing but time. Hopefully dig in tomorrow.

ToyotaMatt

ToyotaMatt

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
I think that is it. So hard to see with everything attached. Sounds like there is switch 1 and switch 2 at our dealerships parts dept and 1 of them was no longer available. Nice thing is that winter is coming and i have nothing but time. Hopefully dig in tomorrow.

i keep BOTH #1 and #2 instock and ready to ship out to you

please PM me

thanks

matt

Farmcat82

Farmcat82

SILVER Star
Excuse my ignorance. Do I need to tip the front down and remove the radiator to replace the water pump. Seems like it would be simpler without the radiator/shroud in the way

GA Architect

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Excuse my ignorance. Do I need to tip the front down and remove the radiator to replace the water pump. Seems like it would be simpler without the radiator/shroud in the way
I'd highly suggest removing the radiator to replace the water pump, as well as leaning the front bib down. Also, if replacing the water pump, now would be a good time to replace any old radiator hoses.

IMG 4139

Another tip, be sure to install the fan belts before installing the fan and especially before reinstalling the radiator. :)

Farmcat82

Farmcat82

SILVER Star
Removed the bib. Didn't want to tip down. Is this wiring covering oem. Never seen white?