Washer Tank cover. 2013 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are good options to cover and protect the washer tank now that I have the high clearance bumper on it?
Post pictures if you have done this. Please.
Thanks

Post a picture of your exposed washer bottle.

22871E5E-FD49-4DBC-8F02-AD831C98761B.jpeg

Truthfully, in all the off roading I've done just on this rig alone since I've built it, 4 years +, I have never had an issue.
Also in consideration that is probably one of the very few items that's vulnerable that if it did ever snag, break or whatever, it would not leave you stranded. Just a dirty windshield.
Worst case, you'd have to splash water from your water bottle onto your windshield and get some of those old McDonalds napkins hiding in your cab and wipe it off.
Just my 2¢ :meh:

Truthfully, in all the off roading I've done just on this rig alone since I've built it, 4 years +, I have never had an issue.
Also in consideration that is probably one of the very few items that's vulnerable that if it did ever snag, break or whatever, it would not leave you stranded. Just a dirty windshield.
Worst case, you'd have to splash water from your water bottle onto your windshield and get some of those old McDonalds napkins hiding in your cab and wipe it off.
Just my 2¢ :meh:
Awesome. I thought of putting some flat black protect paint on it so you just don’t see it. . The lease property has a lot of brush on it. We have a plant that grows down there called Beauty Berry’s. They are just big enough to poke in an area and get hung up . My Sammy has had things under the hood unplugged from these snags. I’m sure I’m over thinking this as I normally due but hey that’s why we have Mercedes’.

Reactions: r2m
I'm not around my vehicle at moment to test but not certain if washer motor is bundled with wiper circuit or not as a little conflicting between 27 and 28.

If so.. something to stay aware of in case you mangled wiring and it got shorted and wipers didn't work

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.43.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.45.08 AM.jpg

Awesome. I thought of putting some flat black protect paint on it so you just don’t see it. . The lease property has a lot of brush on it. We have a plant that grows down there called Beauty Berry’s. They are just big enough to poke in an area and get hung up . My Sammy has had things under the hood unplugged from these snags. I’m sure I’m over thinking this as I normally due but hey that’s why we have Mercedes’.
I admit that where we wheel down here is different than what you have out there, so on that note, perhaps a shield or relocation my be in order.

I see C4 has something out as well now for 4R... assume this will likely fit on 460. They don't powder coat or paint so factor that in

CBI

Thanks for the leads. I have one coming from C4. I think I can make it work.
Thanks for all the help my friend!

So I've got the SSO washer cover for my poverty-pack, two-pump reservoir...

But how are y'all dealing with what's left of the fender liner after a front bumper install? I left mine more or less unsecured at the front lower edge, and the tires finally caught it and bent it back, and were rubbing on hard left turns. I trimmed it more and tucked it INTO the washer bottle protective cover, but I'm not really happy with that as it funnels water, mud, and everything into the washer cover, potentially. Thoughts? (I painted my tank black)

20221230_213543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom