Warning / Scam: Fraud on a black/grey 1988 FJ62 selling online (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to alert people to a fraud situation with a black/grey FJ62 for sale online.

Long story short: I tried to buy it, transferred funds, never received delivery, they won't respond to my emails, and now probably lost the money.

Slightly longer story: I've been looking to buy an FJ60/62 for the last several years. It's been on my bucket list for a while and I finally found a truck online that fit my needs. I reached out the owner - the name he gave me was George Dylan Harisson) and we agreed on a price. He then put me in touch with a shipping and ESCROW company (Farwest Logistics - www.farwest-logistics.com) that he has used in the past to ship the truck to NM. Farwest Logistics got in touch, everything appeared to be above-board with documentation, timing, and communication and I transferred the money to a PNC Bank account.

Fast forward to the delivery day (last Monday) and the truck doesn't show up. I email the seller and shipper and no response. By Monday evening and after work, I start to get dig into the truck (reverse image search) and the sellers and it all appears to be an elaborately designed scheme between the seller and Farwest Logistics.

I've attached images of the truck to this thread if anyone knows the actual owner. Also, stay far away from Farwest Logistics and the person going by George Dylan Harrison.

12.jpg

6.jpg

I wanted to alert people to a fraud situation with a black/grey FJ62 for sale online.

Long story short: I tried to buy it, transferred funds, never received delivery, they won't respond to my emails, and now probably lost the money.

Slightly longer story: I've been looking to buy an FJ60/62 for the last several years. It's been on my bucket list for a while and I finally found a truck online that fit my needs. I reached out the owner - the name he gave me was George Dylan Harisson) and we agreed on a price. He then put me in touch with a shipping and ESCROW company (Farwest Logistics - www.farwest-logistics.com) that he has used in the past to ship the truck to NM. Farwest Logistics got in touch, everything appeared to be above-board with documentation, timing, and communication and I transferred the money to a PNC Bank account.

Fast forward to the delivery day (last Monday) and the truck doesn't show up. I email the seller and shipper and no response. By Monday evening and after work, I start to get dig into the truck (reverse image search) and the sellers and it all appears to be an elaborately designed scheme between the seller and Farwest Logistics.

I've attached images of the truck to this thread if anyone knows the actual owner. Also, stay far away from Farwest Logistics and the person going by George Dylan Harrison.

View attachment 2583197

View attachment 2583198
Any resolution?

I went back and forth with my bank, their bank, alerted the FBI, BBB, etc. and nothing got me the cash-back. It also looks like multiple people have been scammed by this group and they operate several logistics websites and used car sites.

It's a double whammy because a) lost the cash and b) lost the FJ. Also lost a fair amount of trust in humanity...

I went back and forth with my bank, their bank, alerted the FBI, BBB, etc. and nothing got me the cash-back. It also looks like multiple people have been scammed by this group and they operate several logistics websites and used car sites.

It's a double whammy because a) lost the cash and b) lost the FJ. Also lost a fair amount of trust in humanity...
So sorry to hear all that. Is there any lower life from than someone who uses your own enthusiasm and trust against you? Thanks for digging in and exposing these thieves. Trust Karma to do it's job, and best of luck moving forward.

Here's to hoping - and thanks.

By my research, it sounds like at least four or five other people (that I know of) have tried to use Far West (or one of the sites that I think Far West utilizes) to scam people. They own the used car site AND the shipping escrow sites so it feels like two parties but really is just one big scam. It sounds like it's upwards of $50,000 stolen by my last tally.

Here's the BBB site: Farwest Logistics | Better Business Bureau® Profile - https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/o-fallon/profile/transportation-services/farwest-logistics-0734-1000027546

When searching farwestlogisitcs.com, there are many stories similar to yours. Lots of BBB complaints as well as a documents showing they received a $223k PPP loan form the government to stay open during the pandemic. Seriously slimy bastards. Again I'm very sorry you crossed paths with those bottomfeeders and I hope mother nature balances all this out.

Yeahhh - people have started to tell others about it. Unfortunately, I think I was one of the early victims.

Someday I'll get my FJ!

Just for fun leave a google review. BBB has almost no value but a google review can only be edited or deleted by you. At least warn others. You may want to contact local or state police since the dollar amount is felony level. I would stay after them and even the nearest FBI office .

Thanks Whiskerz.

I feel like I've been spinning my wheels (ironic and kind of sad metaphor since this is a car theft/scam...) for the last three months with the banks/FBI/BBB. No progress despite a lot of people getting scammed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom