Wanted WARN Hub Stopper Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone happen to have two stopper plugs from WARN locking hubs? Whoever rebuild the axles before I purchased the FJ40 never reinstalled the stopper plugs so the axle shafts have been dropping back into the axle housing creating a groove on each side. Fortunately it hasn't been in 4-wheel drive or the hubs locked for an extended period of time so the damage was limited.

isn't it just a washer and bolt?

I have a pair of Warn hubs that are only good for parts. Help understand what part you're looking for?

isn't it just a washer and bolt?
They looked to me like they are flanged to keep them centered. I was thinking of just using a washer, but if for some reason they moved off center it would prevent the hub from engaging.

I have a pair of Warn hubs that are only good for parts. Help understand what part you're looking for?
That would be great if you have them. They will be the bolt and washer that would have had to be removed from the inside to take the hub off. I believe they were only on the later model Land Cruisers with the short outer axle shaft, all the others would have had snap rings. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, 8MM bolt, lock washer and a washer. You can also check with Warn's parts dept. HTH, John
Will WARN sell directly to the public? I tried their distributors, but they were a couple weeks out and no way to expedite it.

Yes, 8MM bolt, lock washer and a washer. You can also check with Warn's parts dept. HTH, John
Checked with WARN, it is a non-serviceable part.

Do you have a pic of what you are exactly looking for?

The bolt and washer are to use later birfs in earlier fine spline warn hubs (the hubs are too long). The "correct" setup involves a circlip around the birf shaft.

And, all of them are serviceable.

Here is an exploded diagram of the hub
warn-hub-jpg.1053988

Here is what WARN has printed for their installation instructions.

4. If axle shaft extends beyond the inner drive gear, install retaining ring onto the axle shaft. TOYOTA ONLY (1976-1985): if axle shaft does not extend beyond the inner drive gear, install stop plug and hex bolt (provided) in axle shaft and torque to 10-12 ft. lb.

hub.jpg

It all depends on which body warn locking hub you have and which set of Birfs you have.

The bolt and washer are just a bolt and washer. If you need them, the local hardware store can supply them. Just make sure the washer is bigger in diameter than the axle shaft.

I was looking at just a bolt and washer, but it looks like a collared bolt to keep it centered. That would keep it from ever interfering.

You are over thinking it..
A bolt and washer works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom