Wanted: pics of 2.5 lift w/ 31.5 vs. 32.5's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you fit a larger diameter spare with a lift?
Not really. The bar comes back up when you articulate/ hit a bump. I think ~32" is the rough maximum size that fits. I never even tried to fit mine.

I have Dobinson springs that are more mild at 1 inch lift up front and 1.5 inch lift in the rear. Have 265 65 18s BFGs. The spare is also the same and just fits with the hitch. Might be able to go to 32 in the spare area.

IMG_20211020_141644806_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211018_152108056_HDR.jpg

I have Dobinson springs that are more mild at 1 inch lift up front and 1.5 inch lift in the rear. Have 265 65 18s BFGs. The spare is also the same and just fits with the hitch. Might be able to go to 32 in the spare area.

View attachment 3085902

View attachment 3085904
Looks awesome. I just re-installed my tire to under the car position and the 265/65/18 Bridgestone HT tire was so tight to get in. I have the class 3 hitch, I’m guessing you have the same if you’re getting the spare in slightly upsized.

Looks awesome. I just re-installed my tire to under the car position and the 265/65/18 Bridgestone HT tire was so tight to get in. I have the class 3 hitch, I’m guessing you have the same if you’re getting the spare in slightly upsized.
Thanks! Yes, I have the factory installed hitch. I believe the BFG KO2s are slightly undersized compared to other tires. The spare fit fine with maybe a quarter to half an inch of room to spare. You can also try to loosen the bolts on the hitch and see if you have any wiggle room. Sometimes you can gain an 8th of an inch or so from the diameter of the bolt holes in the hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom