Wanted Wanted FJ45 Troop Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all,
I am new around here and am looking to start an FJ45 project in CA next year. I'm not looking for a basket case but something that could be stripped down, equipped with some modern amenities (disc, upgraded suspension, stereo, etc.) and sent out for paint. Minimal rust would be best. Would also be interested in SoCal resources that I could tap into for the project and parts suppliers. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hello all,
I am new around here and am looking to start an FJ45 project in CA next year. I'm not looking for a basket case but something that could be stripped down, equipped with some modern amenities (disc, upgraded suspension, stereo, etc.) and sent out for paint. Minimal rust would be best. Would also be interested in SoCal resources that I could tap into for the project and parts suppliers. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Are you looking for a 45 pickup or a Troopy?

@edmond4822 has brought several in from the Middle East over the past year or two. He's here in SoCal and might be a good resource.

You mentioned you're looking for an FJ45 troopy, I think the Middle East was the primary market for LHD gasoline troopies, at least based on what I've seen available overseas or imported to the US. Europe (mostly LHD) got the BJ45s, Australia (RHD) got the HJ45/47s, and I believe that I've only seen BJ45s or HJ45/47s coming out of Central and South America.

Your location is listed as New York, but you mentioned looking for a project here in California for next year. What you acquire may depend on your ultimate destination for registering the vehicle. CA and it's emissions standards are strict, to say the least. Importing the diesel 45s has become very difficult recently, and I don't know if you'd be able to register/smog an overseas market gasser without huge expense or an engine swap.

In any case, welcome to Mud, there's tons of resources here and lots of people willing to help.

Brendan

i know of a gentleman in Florida that has 2 of the early 80 troopys. LHDs All original cars, 2f engines.. My gut feeling says the he could sell one of them early next year. I am not sure if you want to keep the car in California or drive it in NY, Since you are in NY it will be a good idea to fly down to Florida to inspect the car if its for sale.. If you very interested, i can introduce you to him and you go make your deal.. PM me for more info.

Thank you @tlaporte

TL is also right regarding the strict emissions in California..

Welcome to the Forum.

Brendan

i know of a gentleman in Florida that has 2 of the early 80 troopys. LHDs All original cars, 2f engines.. My gut feeling says the he could sell one of them early next year. I am not sure if you want to keep the car in California or drive it in NY, Since you are in NY it will be a good idea to fly down to Florida to inspect the car if its for sale.. If you very interested, i can introduce you to him and you go make your deal.. PM me for more info.

Thank you @tlaporte

Welcome to the Forum.

Brendan

Thank you @tlaporte

Welcome to the Forum.
Thanks a lot for the advice. Would love an intro to your friend in FL. My dad lives down in FL so can inspect. I will be doing the work in CA and not quite sure where the car is going to live yet. I will have to learn what would need to be done on emissions for it in CA.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Would love an intro to your friend in FL. My dad lives down in FL so can inspect. I will be doing the work in CA and not quite sure where the car is going to live yet. I will have to learn what would need to be done on emissions for it in CA.
Edmond it says your mailbox is full but if you can email me atbbrogan@gmail.com

Brendan, I'm about to list my HJ-45 troopy here or on on BAT bringatrailer dot com (another good place to look) but it may be more than you are looking for.
I only have it up on my site at A Classic Car for Bitcoin? Yes, Cars for Cryptos. – Nelson Wells so far but can send more detail and link you to photos. Either way, Best of luck, Nelson Wells, Athens, GA
Questions welcome. oh, also it's a RHD, which I personally love. not for everyone, of course.

Brendan, I'm about to list my HJ-45 troopy here or on on BAT bringatrailer dot com (another good place to look) but it may be more than you are looking for.
I only have it up on my site at A Classic Car for Bitcoin? Yes, Cars for Cryptos. – Nelson Wells so far but can send more detail and link you to photos. Either way, Best of luck, Nelson Wells, Athens, GA
Questions welcome. oh, also it's a RHD, which I personally love. not for everyone, of course.
Brendan,
hey, I posted a Flickr link to the photos on my page above. Any interest? Either way cheers! nelsonwells@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom