Want to put 16x10 rims with 305/70r16 km3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2001 sequoia I got for very cheap 2200 n low miles only 154k very good condition just finished rebuilding top end of motor bc I wanted to refresh everything and replace original starter. The truck currently at stock height I believe with original 16x7 rims running 285/70r16 not even close to rubbing. I'm new to sequoia but not yota and I am fairly knowledgeable about tire size. I run the hankook dynapro atms 275/70r16 on both of my land rovers despite everyone and they're mother telling me they would rub. Literally all I had to do was cut the smallest bit of sheet metal off and adjust steering end point. Real talk I'm gonna get the pro comp steelies 16x10 with the 3.75 backspacing pushing the rimm out drastically. I also plan on cutting everything off the wheel well to the line of the stock flares. They're is tons of space in there for compression in the rear. Also have custom welded front bumper so no clearance issue there. All I wanna know is if anyone has done this before???? I understand I need to cut body metal like I said I'm not scared to at all. Just want to know if the rims backspacing is enough to clear the upper control arms and other front suspension bits. Thanks .

I should also include I plan on going plus 3 with the icons up front and a heavy duty OME Spring in the rear with the extended travel OME 2862 shock. Already popped the rear sway bar links off day one just to pip my rear tire on the ground wheeling on my property. I need tires sooner rather than later it has p rated car ching yangs or w.e. n they're shot AF wanna spend 1500 on wheels n tires before I toss 800-1000 on loft coilovers. I know people must be wheeling these things with such a low price n available off-road parts that carry over from the cruiser n tundra. I bought the sequoia for my wife then ended up giving her my 95 land cruiser with lockers bc this thing has way bigger balls n I'm tired of replacing burfields every other time I wheel. Also would like to know if anyone has done the CDL mod and then ran a rear slip locker n Tru Trac up front like I have all my rovers set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom