SOLD Walnut, CA: 1973 FJ40 factory soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 213, 255)
For Sale is my 1973 Toyota FJ40 "Wall-E" **** Updated pics from 11/29/2020 below****

IMG_0516.jpg

June 1973 Factory Soft Top FJ40 (FST). While I don’t have the actual soft top (I wish I did), most of you know that the soft top version is different than the much more common hard top version in a few ways including: Drop down tailgate instead of the barn-doors, also the doors can be removed without tools by simply twisting them off. There are a few other small differences. This one was originally Dune Beige, but a previous owner painted it what I think is Horizon Blue to match the hardtop. Rear fenders have not been cut.

It has a 1976 2F motor, the rest of the drivetrain is all original (3spd trans, drums all around). Mark's Off Road rebuilt the original carb a few years ago. Fenders, body match the frame VIN, this one hasn't really been messed with, but oddly has 3 antenna mounts and two tilt gauges on the dash. Radio hole hasn't been cut up. It has a Pertronix ignition and K&N air filter, but I have the original parts as well. It's been sitting about 4 years, but ran when parked and fired right up with a battery jump. I have a lot of spare parts that I’ll include with the sale including (will not separate):

• Spare pre-69 bib and grill
  • 1976 4 speed transmission, bell housing and hydro line
  • Marks Off Road 4” lift springs and most parts to complete the lift (minus shackles and a few bushings.)
  • 80% of the parts to convert the front axle to Toyota disc (missing seals, rotors, calipers)
  • Custom 16” OEM split rims that have been converted from 16x5.5 split rims to standard rims 16x7 (perfect for a 255/85r16 “tall skinny” tire). It currently has 285/75r16 rollers.
  • Original seats have been reupholstered.
  • Rare Confer rear seat reupholstered to match the front seats.
  • Tons of small parts, new drum brakes, wheel cylinders, gaskets, seals, etc., misc interior and exterior parts
  • Falcon All Terrain tow bar (not installed)

***** Update 11/30/2020*****
Finally had time yesterday to get it running (bad battery) and drove it around the block. Pics added are from yesterday. Will post more pics, possibly a video of it running as well if interested.

It has a few issues including:

• It has rust in the usual places. Floor boards and rear sills, surface rust everywhere. The blue paint over the factory dune beige looks like a cheap maaco job. It's peeling and flaking around the tailgate latches and in other places.
  • Turn signals don't work. It's been this way since I got it, never got around to troubleshooting.
  • E-brake doesn't work, same thing, haven't got around to cleaning, adjusting it.
  • Throttle choke cable needs to be adjusted, lubed, it's sticking.

I’ve owned it for more than 10 years and the rust hasn’t gotten any worse in that time. Clean title in my name, it is registered non-op. Not urgent to sell, would like to see it go to the right buyer. Located in Walnut, California 91789. Not looking to ship. Serious inquiries please

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom