Visiting Moab early October - suggestions (1 Viewer)

Which Jeep to rent (I know if the had a Landcruiser rental it would be my choice)

• Twisted Jeeps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard jeep Rental

• Barlow Adventure Jeeps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

My family is coming over from Australia and we are doing a 5-6 week RV road trip from MN, to Black Hills, Yellowstone, Glacier, Redding, San Fran, Yosemite, Grand Canyon then thru Moab (5 days in Moab)..

I own a 100 series but sadly wont have ti with, so we were thinking of renting some jeeps for at least 1 day to do some fun trails..

5 adults 7 kids.. (possibly 3 jeeps)

We looked at Twisted jeeps cause I wanted to tackle some more aggressive trails (as my Brother in law has done the northern part of Australia aka telegraph track) but then decided it may be cheaper and better to rent some standard jeeps for additional days and just enjoy the area...

suggestions on what trails to do with standard rentals...?? Mainly looking for great picture opportunities and views...

also anyone go out wheeling around that time?? maybe we could follow some guys although I would assume most go on the more aggressive trails.. depending on overall rental costs we may do a 1 day aggressive jeep rental or a couple days of standard jeep rental...

I know the standard jeeps are limited to simple trails...a nd twisted Jeeps lets you go on more aggressive trails... but a lot more $$$

thoughts or opinions...

thanks for the help

Obviously no wheeling to be done in San Francisco area, but actually none within a hundred miles of it. No wheeling in Yosemite, but I understand there is wheeling in Death Valley (but I've never done any of it (yet). There are a few offroad parks somewhat near San Francisco (two hour drive or so), but not all that scenic. Mostly just a place to use your Jeep or Land Cruiser. Perhaps the most famous trail in California, is the Rubicon, but most people plan to take two days, and should expect some moderate damage (perhaps enough to require repairs). The Rubicon is not likely to be along your route, unless you make a special plan to do it. (Its near Lake Tahoe.) There are plenty of fire roads in California. Some of those are "named" offroad trails. The few I know, are in the Lake Tahoe general area, so I'm not going to be a lot of help for your quest.

sorry.. may have misunderstood.. I am asking more for recommendations around MOAB... thanks though...

We will spend 4 days around MOab and was trying to decide whether a modified jeep is best or a cheaper standard jeep for an extra day... more for sight seeing and getting offload for more sights

Barlow Adventures is one very good option - Nena Barlow is the owner.

Outlaw Jeep Tours is another great option - Jim Horne is the owner.

Navtec in Moab has 80-series Land Cruisers, but unsure if they rent privately or only for guided events.

Pick up the Charles Wells Moab guide book. There's about a million trails you can do in Moab in a standard jeep. It's an awesome book with great descriptions and useful info.

Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. Happy trails!

Another option is to rent some 4 seater razors. You might be able to bag multiple trails in a day and they are street legal have crazy suspension and super fast. There are about 6 places in town to rent them. My favorite place to take people visiting is hells revenge or fins and things.

If, and when you get or before you get to San Francisco, let me know, PM me and if my schedule and yours permits, we can go to Hollister hills. It's and SVRA. It does have some technical trails but nothing fancy like Rubicon but it could be fun with a good company.

We have three Willy's (trailer queen) and a bunch of Land Cruisers in my family and you are more than welcome to drive the Jeeps (no, not the cruisers, lol) if you'd like. We can make a day trip and go from there.

Or better yet, come up in November for the Turf and Surf and that's even better.

John

If, and when you get or before you get to San Francisco, let me know, PM me and if my schedule and yours permits, we can go to Hollister hills. It's and SVRA. It does have some technical trails but nothing fancy like Rubicon but it could be fun with a good company.

We have three Willy's (trailer queen) and a bunch of Land Cruisers in my family and you are more than welcome to drive the Jeeps (no, not the cruisers, lol) if you'd like. We can make a day trip and go from there.

Or better yet, come up in November for the Turf and Surf and that's even better.

John

Amazing hospitality offer.. thanks..

We head towards san fran tomorrow.. are around sf, yosemite and sequioas... for about a week.. hrading to moab 1st oct thru 6th..

Issue woukd be getting the jeeps and returning the jeeps....

Sorry hadnt been on here since leaving on the trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom