Victory 4x4 rear Strike bumper PDC question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you on here that have a Victory 4x4 Strike rear bumper, how did you get your PDC (park distance control) sensors to fit and stay in the rubber grommets?

I installed my bumper today and the PDC sensors were impossible to install. Here’s a sneak peak of the GX just before bumper install…

The other pic is what the sensor itself looks like 👍

D585BB0E-CDB5-45F5-853C-4D85E62FC5F8.jpeg

1B564AE4-2DC0-4366-ADB8-77F921FAA357.jpeg

Last edited:
For those of you on here that have a Victory 4x4 Strike rear bumper, how did you get your PDC (park distance control) sensors to fit and stay in the rubber grommets?

I installed my bumper today and the PDC sensors were impossible to install. Here’s a sneak peak of the GX just before bumper install…

View attachment 3220615
I don't have the Victory bumpers, but MetalTech, front and rear. The only issue I've ever had, and something to consider, is on extremely washboard roads, I've one or two of them pop out of their sockets in the bumper. When your installation is complete, it wouldn't hurt to get a hot glue gun and put a few dab's of hot glue on each of the sensors to the bumper. It's not permanent in case you ever need to remove a bumper or sensor, but it'll help keep them from ever coming loose.

Now on that note, do as I say and not as I don't do. (ha-ha-ha!)
I still need to do that to the sensors myself. I have the hot glue gun and everything, just don't think about it when I have down time...

I struggled with this as well. The rear corner sensors were the biggest challenge for me. I ended up using grommets from a kit I had purchased from Harbor Freight.

The kit has grommets that are similar in size. The width between the flanges is narrower than the Victory supplied grommets. I cut the flange on one side to fit the sensors. They are wedged in there pretty good and haven't come out.

HF Grommet Kit

I struggled with this as well. The rear corner sensors were the biggest challenge for me. I ended up using grommets from a kit I had purchased from Harbor Freight.

The kit has grommets that are similar in size. The width between the flanges is narrower than the Victory supplied grommets. I cut the flange on one side to fit the sensors. They are wedged in there pretty good and haven't come out.

HF Grommet Kit
If you use McMaster-Carr, you should be able to find a very close (maybe exact) fit only need to purchase the ones you need and not a whole bunch of them.
Albeit, the Hrabour Freight price was right!

Tnx fellas! Contacted Victory and I was told they use multiple sizes of grommets. I don’t know why they would do that when our trucks all have the same size sensors.
I think sensor size changed over the years. Definitely up front, not sure about the rear.

Tnx fellas! Contacted Victory and I was told they use multiple sizes of grommets. I don’t know why they would do that when our trucks all have the same size sensors.
Did Victory give you any insight on what size to use? Or did they ship you out the correct size for your year?

I second that, the sensors/sizes have changed over the years. I've read plenty of having issues fitting sensors in to *insert name brand* bumper.

I have yet to mess with the other grommets Victory 4x4 sent me a week ago…I’ll give y’all an update once my schedule allows me to tinker on my bumper. I’ll probably just end up taking the bumper off again for ease of install…

I have yet to mess with the other grommets Victory 4x4 sent me a week ago…I’ll give y’all an update once my schedule allows me to tinker on my bumper. I’ll probably just end up taking the bumper off again for ease of install…
Any update on this? I have to reinstall at least two that are not staying in.

Lexus changed parking sensors several times on the 460, as a result aftermarket bumpers are hit or miss on sensor fitment. I had sensor fitment issues with both my Victory front Strike and my Coastal rear bumper. In the end I just said screw it since I have the parking sensors turned off anyway, so I just bundled up the sensor harnesses and stowed them somewhere under the bumper, so the next owner can worry about if they care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom