Vic Hickey (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1902 Lohner Porsche
Lohner-Porsche_z%E1vodn%ED.jpg

and back too Johnny and Vic Hickey ;)

Cheers
Peter

I had the impression from the lable that these pics are from the baja 1000.
The bottom photo is the Mint 400, a race that ran in and around the Las Vegas Valley (depending on the year).

Here is a Hickey Enterprises catalog from DonSmith

Hickey Enterprises was at the beginings of "accessorizing" our Land Cruisers.

I have the same catalog. I picked mine up in person from Hickey Enterprises back in 1975:)

I had the impression from the lable that these pics are from the baja 1000.
The bottom photo is the Mint 400, a race that ran in and around the Las Vegas Valley (depending on the year).

I believe the Mint 400 started around Barstow, CA and ran cross country to Las Vegas, NV.

I believe sor has the land cruiser

I believe that is correct. But I don't remember it looking the same:frown:

I have the same catalog. I picked mine up in person from Hickey Enterprises back in 1975:)
I had to mail order my catalog, it's around here someware. Back in 1975 I dreamed of racing a Land Cruiser in Baja with these legends. At least now it's a yearly retreat for the Manly Men. (never under estimate the power of a sidewinder winch) John

It looks like that cruiser had gone thru many changes...or...did they change rigs?

anyway I found this site also cool stuff:
Welcome to Concept Pattern - Engineering & Manufacturing

Hickey diff covers....

"When Concept Pattern Engineering and Manufacturing was started in 1969, we built patterns (foundry tooling) for other companies such as Hickey Enterprises and Advance Adapter. We built the first differential cover for Hickey Enterprises, then we opened a foundry and machine shop in 1980. We then moved from the L.A. area to Grover Beach, Ca. on the Central Coast.
In 1993, with Hickey out of business and Advance Adapters no longer making covers, I decided to put them on the market under the Concept Pattern logo. We are constantly building new models and strive to make the best American made covers.

The one place to buy the finest quality American made differential covers on the market."

So it turns out I found online a privatly owned Prototype of the XR311. The XR311 was the creation of Vic Hickey and the predesssor to the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV or Humvee) when he worked under contract with FMC (Food Machinery Corp.)

Here is a link to the XR311...turns out Steve aka OwensExport knows him :D small world isn't it

The XR311 Story

There are ALOT of simularities between the two.

see pics:
bajabootatstardust2.jpg
bajaebay01.jpg
fmc hmmwv prototype.jpg

Last edited:
Baja Boot

The Baja Boot may be the predecessor to the Humvee, but more importantly, I think it may have inspired the latest edition of the Bat Mobile !!

So it turns out I found online a privatly owned Prototype of the XR311. The XR311 was the creation of Vic Hickey and the predesssor to the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV or Humvee) when he worked under contract with FMC (Food Machinery Corp.)

Here is a link to the XR311...turns out Steve aka OwensExport knows him :D small world isn't it

The XR311 Story

There are ALOT of simularities between the two.

see pics:

Did not know that Vic had anything to do with the XR311 project.
Here are some photos of the one we owned:

fmc1.jpg

fmc2.jpg

fmc3.jpg

fmc4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom