Builds Velveeta Lite (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well a turn of events has happened last night that I was un-aware of...

My girlfriend and my best bud Jer were all talking about how we should cut the roof off before GSMTR and then we started talking about how cool it would be to bob it at the same time. I shot down the idea becuase I dint have the cash to blow on a fuel cell.

Well, last night at my door a 20 gal RCI fuel cell shows up, Gotta love good friends and an awesome cruiserhead girlfriend.

This project won't be all that hardcore, but it will be a quick one because it has to be ready to travel a round trip of 1400 miles and be able to take a hell of a beating.

The rig will be getting bob'ed and the roof will be getting chopped. A full cage will be bent up, along with a low-profile roof rack for storage. There is a few parts here and there that will change and Ill throw up dates and pics as we go.

First question: Will there be a problem having the fuel cell offset to the pass. side of the vehicle? It would make storage and filling up the tank much easier. Also the whole drivetrain is offset to the drivers side from the factory and also the driver also sits, on well..the drivers side. So, in my noodle it sounded like it would do no harm being offset. I just dint want the rig more tippy on one side than the other...

Alright enough talking.....Tonight we are going to start sharpieing the body up and might start cutting....

Over an out,
-Al:beer:

Come Awn Al !

Bring forth the choppage!

My brown turd ships out MOnday from Portland!

Hope to see you @ the GSMTR!!

john

I'll be camped along the stream a ways down from trail 5....swing on in and party with the florida crew:beer:

My kids are on their way to Fernandina Beach for Spring Break while I am stuck developing freaking bedliners for GM's new Silverado.

At least I can wrench on my 40 or 4Runner without any interuptions..

Keep the pics coming man.

john

Cooool, We almost bought a sweet 40 series up there last year for my brother. Amelia Island has some cool beach driving and some clean surf when the wind is blowing out of the south.

:bounce:
Sounds like a badass plan dude! I get tired of hearing "Newbie here, just going to restore the 'ol girl, not much wheelin' planned, blah, blah...." Get that s*** outta here & bring on the choppin', bobbin' & linkin' it out! :bounce2: A fuel cell really isn't necessary, it'll just take up storage space. I used an S10 Blazer tank, mounted under the body when I bobbed mine. Get that thread started!

Keeping the fuel cell on the left might be a problem when it is full, but only in off camber situations. Not to mention cruiser lean.

Can't wait to see this build!

Normally we roll the trucks at least once if not 10 or 20 times before we cut the roofs off :flipoff2: But I suppose if you do it now you may have a fighting chance in hell of keeping the truck halfway straight.

GIT IT

Normally we roll the trucks at least once if not 10 or 20 times before we cut the roofs off :flipoff2: But I suppose if you do it now you may have a fighting chance in hell of keeping the truck halfway straight.

GIT IT

This truck is nowhere near straight....only 2 doors open. Only straight panel is the hood. Roof is already distroyed....I think it will look better with the fuggered up sheet metal gone.....less for me to dick up anyway;)

Here is some shots from about a year ago.....I dont have any new ones, All my recent trips got deleted when my computer crashed. The body is much much worse off now. I like the pick of my girl with the sledge fixing the rain gutter so we can shut the back door.:D
BA%206.jpg
BA%205.jpg
FLCA2.jpg

Man come to think of it some of those are over a year ago...

Heres a little barkground on V-Wag..

37's MTR
SOA fj62 springs and frame
Marlin Crawler hi-steer
Fj80 TREs
Ported 80series PS Box
4W Disc
H41/fj62/4.56
Aussies/ARB/Warn
and a bunch of other junk I cant think of at the moment...

Hell yeah for topless!

Well, nothing is getting done tonight the rain has moved in....I report back tomorrow with something or other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom