Various armor bits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im looking to add a few items to my shopping list. Anyone have leads on:

Trans skid plate
Locker skid plates
Diff covers

@1978HJ45 are the arb recovery point avalible?

im looking to add a few items to my shopping list. Anyone have leads on:

Trans skid plate
Locker skid plates
Diff covers

@1978HJ45 are the arb recovery point avalible?
Yes .... Indeed.
You can order through the website quite easily.... Simply tap "HOME" in my signature to access the web site. In a nutshell, if it's made of metal Rob can fabricate it. : )

Last edited:
My cruiser came with none as they where all stripped from the under side because it came from a dry climate where dry grass can build up and torch a 4x4. What ever you put under the truck make sure it's easy to remove and clean in hot dry climates.

I've only had one cruiser with bash plate under it and I removed it

Cruisin off-road for the trans skid plate.
Slee for the rear locker skid plate. The front one can be covered by the All pro one but it would require some grinding to fit beside the leaf pack
There are a few outfits that make weld on diff covers. Also superior off-road makes a bolt on one that looks slick but shipping out outweigh the cost for me.

I contacted cruisin off road (from your post. And slee (from your post). Jason email me back with a quote. Reasonable price and shipping. Right now I'm finishing up a shopping list. I've got time as I'm waiting for my tax return and to finish up a two month work trip.

Right now I'm gonna be into @cruiseroutfit for a bullbar and rear axel rebuild, @WanderinWhitlows for a winch @1978HJ45 (Cc Old Iron Offroad) for recovery points and probably skids as well. I also have some Mx parts coming from friend in Japan. Hopefully by summer the truck will be mechanically perfect and protected. I'll start looking at rust repair and possibly paint.

image.jpeg
The recovery points are in stock (just give me a shout) and the skid plates should be finished and installed on my Cruiser by the weekend and after some possible tweaking should be available.

image.jpeg
The recovery points are specifically designed to accommodate the high lift jack.
**Drop by on your road trip. : )

Cruisin Off Road doesn't make the 70 skid plate any more. Anyone have a good lead on a transfer case skid for a 1987 HJ75 Troop?

Any metal fabricator?

True. I was hoping to find an off-road company since most of our metal fabricators in town make "art" haha. Not a lot of 4x4 companies in Santa Fe.

True. I was hoping to find an off-road company since most of our metal fabricators in town make "art" haha. Not a lot of 4x4 companies in Santa Fe.

True. But I can guarantee you there are plenty of metal fab shops in ABQ only 45 mins south. :)

I had a metal fab guy live right next door to me when I first moved to Corrales. There were tons of metal fab places in the South Valley too. Might want to check in the High Desert Cruisers section of MUD.

This thread might help:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom