Parting Out VA: 1977/79 Toyota FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m listing this FJ40 in the parts section because it is not currently on the road AND because it is not a numbers matching truck. The title and two VIN plates on the truck match (233233), and the number stamped on the frame is 233233. BUT, during a couple of months research and advise from knowledgeable people on this site, it is not a factory stamp. Someone prior to me buying it for my son in 2005, altered the frame number, and used their own metal stamping tool, so it shows 233233.

There are a couple of reasons why this could happen. One reason is not a good one, and the other is worse. We have been working with the VA State Police, DMV, and the local Sheriff’s Department to try and track down the previous owner(s), but it has proven unsuccessful. I’ve been informed by law enforcement the we have done all we can do. My son wants to sell his 1979 FJ40 titled as a 1977.

It was my sons first vehicle and he drove it all through high school and part of college. It has been sitting for a few years because it needs a tub.

It has the original 2F in-line 6 cyl. with Weber carb, headers and 4 speed transmission with 4WD. I put a battery in it and used an auxiliary fuel tank and it started right up. It’s always been a really good truck. Even now you could drive it down the road. Brakes and everything else work just fine.

Some features include:
- Locking center console
- Roll bar
- Rear fold down seats and seat belts in good shape
-Front disc brakes
-Power steering
-Hinged spare tire carrier
-Removable top with headliner in good shape
-Driver and passenger doors in good shape – no bottoms rusted out
- Frame and body mount brackets are all good
-The only issue with any of the seats is the wear on the edge of drivers seat
-All seat belts work, front and rear
-Roof rack

As you can see, the tub and amby doors are toast. The fenders would need some metal work, but I think whatever is left looks ok.

We are not into parting this truck out, so looking for someone to buy it as it is, with a title and a full disclosure of the VIN issue, signed by both parties. We believe that is the fair thing to do.
Asking $8,000

IMG_0433 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

More pics.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

More pics.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. Didn’t know the best place for it. Will the administrator do it or should I?

Moderator, please remove/delete this post. I moved it to vehicle classified as request.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom