1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual pets

Discussion in 'Furred - Finned - Feathered' started by Spook50, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Spook50

Spook50 Get ready

Curious to see who else has some rather uncommon pets. Aside from our two cats (yes, there will be a dog when we can afford one. Hoping to find a Shiba Inu), we have Titus, my hedgehog. The wife (GF at the time) got him from a local breeder when I got back from my deployment last year as a 30th birthday gift. He's just as bad tempered as me, so we get along great :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our two chinchillas, Peach (the fat one) and Kirby (the mangy looking, skinnier one). She had these before we got together and until I met her I didn't know WTF a chinchilla was. They've grown on me though, and they're fun as hell to let run around their room and climb on you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The way they interact with each other, the wife now wishes she had named them Pinky and The Brain.

2. splitshot

splitshot Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper. SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    My daughter want's a hedgehog now...:frown:

Most of our favoites have been turned loose in the field shortly after admiring.

3. Pebble Pup

Pebble Pup

We rescued a mom and baby chin about five years ago. I attached a photo of the mom (aka Marge because she is large and in charge).

We will probably get a dog in the next month or so. Though I fear a pot belly pig is also in our future.
    image-1935302934.jpg

4. dukface

dukface

chinchillas, those are great! Mom wanted two, she was going to name them Cuff and Collar - then they'd be appropriately named for where they'd go on the fur coat she wanted.

she also wanted an alpaca to shear and spin her own yarn. Looking back, REALLY glad my parents didn't buy that property in Temecula.

I've always been a fan of ferrets

5. Spook50

Spook50 Get ready

:lol: that's a seriously pissed looking chin. Her coat looks pretty healthy too. Are you giving her volcanic ash for dust to bathe in? We finally bought a 20lb box of it from someone on a chinchilla/hedgehog forum that the wife is on ($50!) and after 7 months we're not even halfway through it. Maaaaaaaan can it fill up a vacuum too if you're not on top of keeping their room clean.

FYI chinchilla dookie is awesome for lawns. I've brought back some sparse, dying spots by sprinkling chinchilla turds over them after aerating. Much thicker, darker green and healthier than the surrounding grass now after a couple of weeks.

6. Pebble Pup

Pebble Pup

Yes to the dust. They go ape s**t crazy when we get their dust bath out. It is a hoot watching them roll around in it. 20lbs, that should keep them in the dust for a while.

7. haryv

haryv

make sure those are not sitting next to a rabbit. One took a chunk out of the rabbits stomach once.

8. liljlandon

liljlandon

Albums:
    I got lucky on my shiba. The local breeders sold to some middleman for petsmart or something and refused to take the one I got as her coat was to long. The breeder bought feed from our farm store, and I traded two bags of dog food for her. I named her Anu the Inu, or nunu.

We were told.they didn't like people, but anu greasy everyone that buys from us with a rocket tail, and lots of slobber.

Here's the unusual pet currently, we spooked her mom mowing one of our hayfields and she never came back to claim the fawn. She literally popped out as the mom jumped up! She isnt caged and comes for a.bottle in the morning and evening.

helping the government read my mind on a daily basis
    ForumRunner_20110814_230152.jpg ForumRunner_20110814_230211.jpg

9. koxfarm

koxfarm

Media:
    ..YOT.. YOT.. YOT..not the backseat nor the front bench but these pet flys love it on the hood..:grinpimp:

IMG_4166.JPG

10. BrotherRob

BrotherRob

Kept and bred ferrets when I was young. They're a barrel of fun. My favorites were my albinos. Need lots of training and attention though.

koxfarm likes this.