Unpredictable cornering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shims installed with the thick part forward will increase positive caster and typically track better. Thick part to the back will increase negative caster and will increase wander and twitchiness. I agree with crusiermatt, looks like there's 1 frt spring and 1 rear sping on the frt and the same on back.
My bad… I was thinking about it all wrong. You’re correct. Please go with what he stated I was thinking about it backwards.

I agree, two different leaf packs on the back, clearly visible in the first shackle pic. Could be a mismatched leaf to try and correct cruiser lean but the shift you feel in the corners is from the leaf packs unloading at different times, the shackle tightness/bushing condition will also cause that mid turn roll, I had that and the leaf end of the front packs were loose, check bushing and tightness there.

Thanks everyone just about finished the swap out last night, will let you know how it goes.
What you experienced is the same result as roll steer. During roll steer, the axle does not stay perpendicular to the centerline of the vehicle as the vehicle rolls and suspension articulates and it induces “steering “ without any steering input. Youre axles were likely not perpendicular to the chassis due to differneces in length from fixed end of spring to the center pin being different left to right.

I think your problem will be solved getting the springs in the right positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom