Ughhh.....what's a 2016 LC black/black with 7k miles worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Use an average of all the price guides, then factor in how quickly you need to sell and how widely you plan to advertise. Put an ad in the MUD classifieds; there is always the chance a fellow member will be looking to get into a 200. As a last resort for a fast sale, ask about cash value at a dealer.

Just an FYI...after bringing in my new to me 2013 for a few minor issues covered under the CPO warranty my rig came with, I got a call about a week or so later from the dealer asking me if I'd sell them the truck. Seems Larry H. Miller Toyota is keen for used LC inventory.

Just an FYI...after bringing in my new to me 2013 for a few minor issues covered under the CPO warranty my rig came with, I got a call about a week or so later from the dealer asking me if I'd sell them the truck. Seems Larry H. Miller Toyota is keen for used LC inventory.

What did they offer you?

if you want a number, you are probably between $65k-$70k. Some new ones that are left over inventory are selling around $72k according to some people in some areas. Depends a lot on your location.

Did you try Carmax? They tend to give you want Kelly Blue Book shows for your vehicle. Better than trading it in and dealing with dealerships.

Disagree with Carmax giving a fair price for the vehicle. They will almost always lowball their trade ins. I've taken 3 different vehicles in for trade and have never had them give me an estimate in the blue book range. The advantage of that place is a quick cash sale without negotiations if that's what someone is looking for.

My experience with them has been pretty good over the years. I've sold 3 vehicles to them and I've always received more from them than what the dealers were offering. Either way, I would still take it there to have something to compare to.

I just sold my '14 Sierra SLT for $2k more than what 3 other dealerships were willing to give me.

My experience with them has been pretty good over the years. I've sold 3 vehicles to them and I've always received more from them than what the dealers were offering. Either way, I would still take it there to have something to compare to.

I just sold my '14 Sierra SLT for $2k more than what 3 other dealerships were willing to give me.
Avoid CarMax, it's not magic money, they have you buy it for less than they can sell it. Last time I checked, most of us pay no more than what KBB valu s the car at, so why would CarMax give you full KBB value? I spent over an hour with them on two different cars and it was a waste of time both times. Got $2k more for my Pilot from a local Honda dealer (rare SUV in the used and good low mileage condition we had - ie they knew what they were getting and that it was worth more on open market). Same for an LC... just sell it to a mudder or direct to purchaser.

Or... Take it to CarMax, and post the price they offer and agree to sell it to someone here for $X amount more.

I sold my Porsche to the local dealer and got more from them than I probably could have received via private party. I'd suggest selling to a Toyota dealer, but get it looking perfect and drive around to several in the same day. I got values ranging over a $9k spread and took the highest bid.

Carmax has been fine for me I sold 3 cars to them and for my Camry I took the Carmax offer to the Toyota dealer and they matched it.

@Mogwai There are a few reasons why you got $2k more from your Honda dealer.

1. Carmax currently has 234 Pilots in stock nationwide.
2. Honda keeps trim levels simple and they have plenty of each trim level
3. If it was good condition and low miles - the Honda dealer can easily certify it

Even if they couldn't certify it people generally like to buy vehicles from the same branded dealer.

If Carmax needs your car they will give you a strong number.

@RoadRat There is a 2015 with 21k miles for $65k which means they probably bought it for $60k. So I would estimate you would get at least $60k for your 2016.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope to see you back in an LC soon.

I'm in the market for a16+ 200. Let me know if you decide to sell.

I might be interested or maybe you'd like to trade for a 2011 with 95,000 miles. Put some cash in your pocket and still have a great truck.

Don't forget tax advantage if you are planning to buy another vehicle. The dealer may pay less, but you will not have to pay tax on the replacement vehicle which may actually break even a private sale. Just a thought

Do your research- all of these replies give the same advice- - - - check everywhere. Depending on your situation you need to check under every rock.

Like Luke Said- if you are downgrading and looking for a new car- don't forget the tax advantages of trading in if that is an option in TX.

Also try to throw it on EBay- I have mixed results using it in the past but sometimes you get lucky- I sold an F350 or my HIGH asking price because of the exchange rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom