For Sale Uber-Clean 1996 1FZ-FE with TRD Supercharger & A343F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CycloSteve

SILVER Star
Threads
Later this year I will be having a diesel conversion done on my 80. Thus, my uber-clean fully-functioning TRD Supercharged 1FZ-FE and A343F will be up for sale.

At this point this is a "feeler" thread, which will eventually move into a "for-sale" thread. Not trying to tease, but until my 80 goes under the knife, it needs to keep running. The motor runs strong, has good compression, and does not burn or leak a single drop of oil.

Price-wise I am looking at $7,000 for the lot...before you choke on the price read what has been done, and what is included. This is not a junkyard pull. It is a running TRD-breathing known rig.

• 1FZ-FE which had a major service performed by Robbie Antonson (Powderpig) 20k miles ago, with a total of 178,000 on the motor now. The motor was torn down to just the block with the pistons inside (crank came out for polishing) including the following items:
    • Main Bearings
    • Con Rod Bearings
    • All Seals replaced (yes every single one)
    • Engine parts cleaned of oil varnish and sludge
    • Brand New Mr. T Cylinder Head (replacing the original which had small crack)
    • New Cylinder Head was serviced by machine shop to factory specs
    • Oil Cooler Cleaned
    • Fuel filter replaced
    • PHH replaced with silicone
    • All clamps are either OEM style or non-marring constant pressure style
    • Injectors serviced by Witchhunter
    • New OEM cap, rotor, wires, etc.
    • New OEM water pump
    • New OEM power-steering pump
    • Intake and EGR cleaned of all crud
    • TRD Supercharger cleaned of all crud, fluid replaced
    • New silicone Supercharger hoses
    • Vacuum lines replaced with silicone lines
    • All Belts and hoses replaced with OEM
    • New pulleys and bearings as needed
    • New OEM Blue Fan Clutch with 10,000 cst oil
    • Oil catch-can added to PCV circuit
    • Primed and painted with engine enamel
    • Has used only Mobil 1 (will provide a Blackstone Report when I next change oil)
    • Has used only Toyota Red radiator fluid changed every two years
    • New Napa Starter and OEM rebuilt spare included
    • Various other motor spares from my personal stash (will need to dive into that box)
    • Edit - Also has LandTank MAF, and will include the OEM MAF
  • 1996 OBDII ECM (sorry, I will be keeping my loom as it needs to be married to the diesel)
  • EMS Stainless Steel Exhaust
    • Two-cat model from manifold-back
    • Custom-cut and shortened rear pipe to clear subtank and not easily pinch offroad (tucks up high, and will work with stock trucks)
  • TRD 10PSI Boost Gauge
  • A343F
    • Works flawlessly, never had any issues
    • No leaks
    • Fluid changed 12 months ago
    • Trans cooler
I am interested in selling all of this together. If there is little interest in the lot, then I may consider splitting. Shipping would be on your dime, with local pickup preferred. Anyone seriously interested is welcome to drive the truck to see that indeed it is as represented above.

Here are a few shots from when the work was done.

full

full

Last edited:
pm sent

dont forget about me, local, hooked you up with awesome 8274, short on funds... maybe I'll start a "fund-me" campaign....

PM replied. Aaron, your mastery of the 8274 is definitely not forgotten. Not sure how to merge a 1996 1FZ-FE into a 1994, other than replacing the wiring loom. Plenty of time to raise funds, as this really won't come out until it is known that there is a reservation in the shop.

cheers brotha! yeah, I really dont know either.. mmmm.... pretty sure we know someone who could make it happen, but I have a feeling your rig will be in his bay ;) maybe if I pull mine and have it sitting there with legs wide open, er, I mean hood open, that it would go smoothly... summer dreaming...

:flush:

Third in line please

I think delancy has this wrapped up.. He has the money to put where his mouth is and hasn't offered to sponsor me yet, so.... Nevermind the rear links and dshafts I still need from him....

Well folks we are finally at the stage of this setup officially going up for sale, as it is coming out of the truck in the next two weeks.

Long story short, the motor threw a misfire code and after diagnosing there is a headgasket leak between #1 and #2. Such fun. Have done a full leakdown test, and confirmed these results. There is no indication of oil in the coolant, nor coolant in the oil, and it did not overheat. Both Robbie and I have scratched our heads as to why this has happened and have no answer. The truck ran great on a trip to Tahoe one week before letting go.

So, here is what I am doing. The motor and trans are coming out for my diesel swap. I would like to sell the whole setup, as described in Post #1, so that it is out of my garage into yours. While I could do the HG while it is out and bench test it, I really don't have the energy at this point to sink my time into it. I have video of the motor running before I shut it down to do the tests, and you would not even know that anything was wrong as still ran fine.

Price $4,500 OBO. This includes the motor, trans, TRD supercharger, EMS exhaust and all spare parts. If you come and help me pull it out, the price goes down from there. Local pickup preferred (NorCal). If I did not already have my diesel and 5 speed waiting to be installed I would fix this motor in a heartbeat. If no one jumps on the combo, I will start pulling it apart and selling individual bits and pieces, starting with the S/C.

PM if interested.

Last edited:
pm sent

Steve, that's awesome. I wish I was in the market. The new owner will not be disappointed and Steve Young would approve.

SOLD and off to her new home today. After three weekends of slowly taking things apart, it was time. The final pull was easy, just had to take of the front wheels and kneel the rig down to clear the front.

full

Feels a bit empty with no drivetrain whatsoever in the truck.

full

Thanks for having everything ready to go Steve, it was a pleasure doing business with you. I've got removed from the back of my truck and on the engine stand in my garage. Once I get the head off I'll send you some pics since I'm sure you want to know what ended up causing the failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom