U-Haul Alternatives? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to tow a car from Colorado Springs to Boulder. U-Haul is of course the first option that comes to mind, but I don't particularly care for them. I haven't been able to find anyone else that rents trailers. Any ideas?

go with the uhaul car hauler trailer that looks like its made of galvanized metal.. its a well made trailer..vs the old steel red and black colored ones...of course that depends on how well maintained.

You should not have an issue with a car loaded on the trailer (lighter weight) vs. some of the trucks...people haul around.

One way? Or can you take the trailer back?

I've had better luck with the local equipment rental places on trailers. Most of the national places (U-haul, Ryder, etc) want to rent you a truck to pull the trailer on the car trailers - particularly if you're doing point to point. But if it is just "local" either one will generally rent it to you for the day.

U-haul is going to want to know what type of car you are hauling and what you plan to tow it with before they will rent you a car hauler. I would call before going and ask then if they will rent to you.

You can try RSC Equipment Rental, United Rentals, Sunbelt Rentals and Sunstate Rentals if they they are in your area. They will have heavy duty tandem trailers. With ramps and tilt bed. Just a few more options for you. :cheers:

are you a AAA member They will haul it 100miles on the basic plan .200 miles on the premium plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom