I had taken the tub right from the sandblaster to the Line-X shop to get it lined. I know some of you would have recommended that I do a Herculiner liner to save some money. But doing it this way, saved me a lot of time and the color turned out great.
I went back to work at getting the chassis rolling again. I installed the springs and axle. I put the brakes back together and installed the wheel hubs with new bearings. Then I hooked up the parking brake cable. Because I had done a spring-over, I had to make these simple brackets to relocate the cable housings. I also had to make a longer J-hook from all-thread for the parking brake to work.
With a little help, the tub was set back on the chassis and bolted down. I installed the fenders and the new license plate. I then put the modified ball hitch adapter and the magnetic trailer lights on the trailer. I will put permanent lights on it at a later date when I can fabricate what I want.
Now, many of you were probably wondering if I have taken the trailer out on the trail yet. In fact, the day after I got it home, we went out with a group to camp in Canyon De Chelly. It is attached to my 4Runner, loaded up and ready to go. It towed beautifully. I hardly noticed that it was back there. Many were surprised that I made it towing the trailer through the sand. I enjoyed building it and had a fun time wheeling with it. I look forward to many years wheeling with it.
That is sweet! Lots of work to get it where you want it, but I can see it was worth it. I wish I could find one to build for myself, but they seem to be scarce as hen's teeth! And if you find one, they want a King's ransom for it....May just have to start building a custom one...