twin turbo vs. turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=kruzrtek link=board=1;threadid=6496;start=msg53160#msg53160 date=1066711696]
I am in the process of taking a 2F to a forced air induction system. I thought about turbo, which I am a HUGE fan of. Big fan of Audi quattro turbos.
But in my research, and even before, I knew the 2F only has 4 main bearings and that is great for a stock engine that has some slight tweaking done to it, but not for anything more than 8-10lbs of boost. I decided I am just gonna cast my own intake that will accept a Roots style blower, so I can keep the boost in the 5-6lbs area.
That would give me great low end power and top end as well, without sacrificing
the engine. Even with the small blower I will have to have forged rods and pistons.
But the reciprocating assy. can't hold up to that with any type of longevity anyway.

[/quote]

Hey Rich, are you really going to CAST your manifold ? that sounds cool...
where do you find forged pistons and rods BTW ? what do they typically run ?
keep us posted about the job, sounds cool :D

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=1;threadid=6496;start=msg53170#msg53170 date=1066713003]
sup bailey,

i would invite you over this weekend, but unfortunately, i am gonna be out of town. i'm even gonna miss the game. AHHH! do y'all need tickets or anything? give me a couple days notice and i can probably get you a few.

if you'll still be around on sunday (doubtful) i could probably meet ya somewhere or something if you'd like. if not, it'll have to be some other time.

i am comin down to atl 2nd or 3rd week in nov to see rx bandits and something corporate. don't know if you like indie or anything, but it should be a good show nonetheless.

aight bro, have a good one,
jonathan

[/quote]

Don't even know if I gonna get to go at all anymore...
nope won't be around on sunday, if I go its a one day trip,
thanks for the offer on tickets, I think they are giving them to the old baseball players. Something Corporate isn't really my stuff, but if you are gonna be in the Atl for more than just the concert, let me know and we'll have to at least check out each others cruisers.
Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom