Turn key gx from Miramar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Without a long winded backstory about my situation, in your guys/gals opinion would you feel comfortable buying a gx from Miramar to replace a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST with approx 93k miles. I need a bigger vehicle. It will be a daily and future dad car, Home Depot car. I know the motor can last a million miles ive researched. My work commute varies from 50-120 miles a day. 14 days a month. I’m looking for turn key gx because I have a project car I’d like to devote my resources too. Thank you

Is the cost of shipping and the vehicle's price less than finding one locally? CA is a good source for GX's. TX is as well.

Is the cost of shipping and the vehicle's price less than finding one locally? CA is a good source for GX's. TX is as well.
Do you mean if I found one in texas? I think it’ll be cheaper but the Miramar builds advertise having timing belt, cv axles, water pump, etc done before being sold. In addition to aftermarket modifications.

Miramar builds will likely hurt gas mileage and don’t make any sense, to me, for what you want. You don’t need a lift or armor at Home Depot.
If you’re set on a gx, get a clean stock one and pay to have all maintenance done. Timing belt, etc.

I had to google that one, I'm jealous of their business plan.
Slap on 2 grand of wheels and tires, another grand for OME lift, round it up to another grand for Timing belt, cv axles, and all the detailing work. Maybe $50 worth of tire shine based on the website pictures lol.

If these trucks are selling close to their list price, they are pocketing 7 to 10 grand on each truck!

If you do 80 miles a day for 14 days, maybe 16 mpg (guess for maths), that's probably 300 a month for gas.

My personal opinion, it would be insane to buy one of their trucks. I bought my truck from south carolina with 124K miles for 11K. Timing belt was completed under previous owner, everything is stock. I works great for me personally. It has some minor body damage and a torn CV boot that I'll need to replace this summer. Shocks are a little tired, and I'll replace them once things get too bouncy or an air spring fails.

Looks like the cheapest one they have is about $25k right now with 129k+ miles on it. If it was me? I would buy a GX460 with 100k miles for low $20s throw on $3000 worth of lift, wheels and tires. No timing belt to worry about.

Miramar builds will likely hurt gas mileage and don’t make any sense, to me, for what you want. You don’t need a lift or armor at Home Depot.
If you’re set on a gx, get a clean stock one and pay to have all maintenance done. Timing belt, etc
I had to google that one, I'm jealous of their business plan.
Slap on 2 grand of wheels and tires, another grand for OME lift, round it up to another grand for Timing belt, cv axles, and all the detailing work. Maybe $50 worth of tire shine based on the website pictures lol.

If these trucks are selling close to their list price, they are pocketing 7 to 10 grand on each truck!

If you do 80 miles a day for 14 days, maybe 16 mpg (guess for maths), that's probably 300 a month for gas.

My personal opinion, it would be insane to buy one of their trucks. I bought my truck from south carolina with 124K miles for 11K. Timing belt was completed under previous owner, everything is stock. I works great for me personally. It has some minor body damage and a torn CV boot that I'll need to replace this summer. Shocks are a little tired, and I'll replace them once things get too bouncy or an air spring fails.
Thanks for the responses. It’s something to consider. I just thought since it would end up like that already. I had an idea but no real conviction on the true cost of their builds. I’m looking at a gx or 4runner is what me and the fiancé agreed on

Looks like the cheapest one they have is about $25k right now with 129k+ miles on it. If it was me? I would buy a GX460 with 100k miles for low $20s throw on $3000 worth of lift, wheels and tires. No timing belt to worry about.
I started doing that on autotrader last night. That may be the way to go. I’ll have to research a buyers guide for the gx460 now.

^ This.

I started doing that on autotrader last night. That may be the way to go. I’ll have to research a buyers guide for the gx460 now.

You’re definitely better off buying an unmodified truck with a good service history and condition then modifying it yourself.

For the amount you are driving, with the $25K budget, I would suggest the following options:

1. If you only have room for one car, get something other than a GX, like a Subaru Outback, that offers 80% of the utility while being cheaper/zippier and still having some off-road potential.
2. If you have room for two cars, get a cheaper, stock GX ($12.5K) and a good commuter car (also $12.5K), then build up the GX in your spare time as a second vehicle.

From my perspective, I have a 160-mile RT commute that I make 1-2 days a week on my own dime, and then occasional 200-600 mile work trips where I get mileage reimbursement. I take my Mazda3 hatchback on all of those trips. I would not want to take my GX on that commute, it simply drinks too much gas and handles like a boat, compared to the Mazda which is great at zipping through traffic. My GX gets local miles around town acting as a dad mobile, camping/hiking/cycling vehicle, and occasional off-roader. However, we also have room for both of my cars, plus my wife's. If we could just have one car, it would be my wife's Outback which can do everything reasonably well (but nothing great).

IMO, the GX is not a good vehicle for regular long-distance highway commuting, due to the gas mileage and lazy handling.

Last edited:
You pay more for turnkey and ready to play. It’s hard finding a low mile gx470 and there’s a lot of scammers out there.

Are you planning on installing all the upgrades yourself, or paying a shop by to do installs and maintenance work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom