Turn indicator 1966 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search but no luck. My 1966FJ 40 indicators are not working. I’m pretty sure they were working before I did the frame off restoration.

This is what is working… Brake lights, tail lights, parking lights, headlights . I don’t have hazards. When I turn indicator lever, I hear a click at the relay, but nothing happens past that one click. I get it for both the left and Indicator and right indicator.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Bill

Don't know about '66, but my 75 will click once and then nothing when the bulb is burned out or broken.

So 1966 ,40s came with hazards? When I bought mine it did not have them. I assumed that it was manufactured before they were required. ???

Most pre 68 models do not have them. 68 has a red knob in the dash. The earlier ones that had them it was the same switch/red knob mount to the bottom of the dash with it's own bracket. All had turn signals. Aftermarket waiting harness probably would be set up for hazard flashers.

So I just did a quick search, I see nothing. Can I assume any 12 volt two pin relay would work?

If everything is freshly painted, you may need to improve grounds to the fenders, rear turn brackets, ect.

I had bad grounds due to fresh paint and just a click from the flasher relay. After creating ground paths to all 4 turn signals, the relay would flash.

Your 1966 FJ40 did NOT come with Hazard lights, but they are easily added.
Your issue is probably a lack of ground to one or more bulbs. The flasher relay is a current activated flasher and must have about 1.5 amps flowing in order to flash. If one bulb is out or not grounded it will cause this condition.

Thank you all! I do have one bulb out (dash left turn signal). Also, it’s freshly painted!

I’ll work on resolving the issue, and keep u posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom