Truggy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm jealous of the progress, I spent most of the weekend working on a go-kart...

Don't be jealous - the go cart runs and has brought a lot of happiness to you and the boy. Sometimes it feels like I'm just assembling a high dollar piece of art for the garage. This project started as a low buck trail beater, but spun out of control. I'm going to finish it, but have begun to question the time and money I'm investing in it. Need to get it done and go wheeling again!

It is funny how nothing ever really is gone, it just moves from rig to rig. I guess the new springs will work for you?

We need to come up with an alternate form of currency. Seems like we just keep trading parts with one another. Sometimes cash changes hands, but the source of the cash is often from parts we sell to other club members.

As far as I can tell the new springs will be fine. I haven't fully loaded the truck with all the gear and fuel ballast (sand bags) but it is acting as I the math said it should.

updates??, I know one of us has to be working on something...

updates??, I know one of us has to be working on something...

Well I tested the winch mount if that counts as progress...

My wife requested her van be set up by July 14 for an event she has. So I mounted the rooftop ac with a little help from the 8274. Started on crate platforms and in the midst of installing 120V shore power.

Truggy didn't get much attention this weekend. How about the 4573?

image-585619364.jpg

image-1397714772.jpg

image-3846858148.jpg

image-3926114969.jpg

image-1160948246.jpg

image-821623146.jpg

Wow. 4 months since last update. I'm a slacker.

Worked on rear brake lines and fuel cell plumbing this weekend. Thank Skrewball for the flaring kit loan. I will be ordering one soon.

image-287469280.jpg

image-2983111285.jpg

Other recent progress includes finishing the roof section of the exo and building a skid plate for the AA radiator.

image-2337014466.jpg

image-4098710219.jpg

I have admit that the Axial Wraith I picked up on my trip to St Louis has been a bit distracting.

image-1573416037.jpg

Big thanks to Matzell and Smtyblt for the assist today!

A few more tubes, gussets & welds and the exo will be done.

image-55575492.jpg

Looks good Tim. Glad I could help.

Wow, that is some great inspiration.

Somehow I worked it so the fenders still come off. This was very helpful for welding and will help when I paint.

Trail Gear shock hopes are gonna be a tight squeeze with the bypass shocks. Should have made my own. Still might.

image-3195207360.jpg

Trail Gear shock hopes are gonna be a tight squeeze with the bypass shocks. Should have made my own. Still might.

put a jack in there and spread it out some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom