trouble codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
on the way home from work the MIL came on. took it over to the autoparts store to use the code reader.

P0110 and P0106.

106 i know what that is because 3 years ago i replaced it. engine coolant temp sensor 110 is the air intake temp sensor. but then it said it could be the ECM

i replaced the coolant 3 years ago..maybe 2, new thermostat and gasket and new engine coolant temp sensor ( engine managment coolant sensor not the dial guage temp sensor.

heres the problem the local parts store ( O'Reilly's) has neither in store or on record.
could the Air intake Temp sensor be called something else? does anyone have a picture of one?

OK so I found a MAF sensor assembly, the tube, for $140 from O'Reilly's anyone have experience with the quality

Again the codes that were spit out were p0110 and p0116.

On a 1997 LC, is a MAF sensor and a air intake temp sensor or intake air temp sensor part of the MAF tube...aka the same thing or somewhere else? I have the engine coolant temp sensor already.

Thanks in advance

Just to verify your DTCs:
P0110 (Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction), and
P0116 (Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem)

(your first post says P0106, I can't find that one in the FSM, but I only have the '96 and not the '97)

Doesn't seem to be a MAF related fault...

Good to know

Yes those are the codes it spit out. P0116 and P0110. another consideration to take into account. is 1. I have not had the problem with the codes coming up again. 2. i drove through a mud puddle and think maybe water may have splashed up into the engine compartment...maybe. this wasnt a deep puddle mind you, just cant think of anything different that i exposed the LC to. other than its been unusually cold for my area. normal temps this time of year are just above freezing, the time the codes came up it was around 16*f to 25*f , usually its 35*f to 45*f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom