Triple Gauges??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

I'm considering biting the bullet and getting triple gauges for the rig. Pyro, Boost, Trans Temp.

What are your experiences with brands and styles?

Glowshift makes a 3-in-1 gauge that's intriguing, but doesn't have great reviews.

Will my 24v system limit what I can use?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences and opinions.

Cheers!

Glowshift makes a 3-in-1 gauge that's intriguing, but doesn't have great reviews.

DON'T!!! OMG, I had to cover mine with electrical tape to drive at night. Its sitting on the bench now, it crapped out when
my alternator went south. I had no idea when John Voo installed it what I was getting. What a waste....

This is the one I want. But it's $$, but I think Nick has one of them. They are the nicest IMO

WestachDualBoostEGT Guage.jpg

Westach DualVacuumTach Guage.jpg

I have a Westach combo boost and pyro gauge. I love it. It's been dead reliable with no issues. Simple functional design.

Do you remember where you got it? Since mine is crapped out, I'll need a replacement.

Been a long time since I've seen a Vacuum guage (outside of my truck). My tach is beside it instead though.

Don't these things use vacuum for that start/stop thing? I can't remember what its called.
ISSPRO make nice gauges too, for less money. This one dual WESTACH gauge is the one I meant to post
earlier, but seems the picture edit isn't working.

Westach

R609__54364_1348170812_1280_1280.jpg

Westach DualOilTempOilPressure Guage.jpg

So many of the psi gauges have too wide a range. I bought a used gauge set from a cummins dbag for my 61, boost goes up to 60. My whopping 8psi barely moves the needle..

They have different scales available? I do like the isspro/ westach dual gauges.

I agree seapotato, 60 seems a bit much for a fairly stock cruiser.

I'm wondering if I can use a 12v (incandenscent backlit) gauge and just switch out the lamp with a 24v version and make it work...?

All the brands seem to have their following. I like the 3-in-1 from Glowshift but I'm not convinced that I want digital and the reviews seem to be rather poor.

Autometer and Westach seem to be the winners for reliability and simplicity...I'm leaning heavy towards analog dials.

I don’t like combo gauges. If one were to fail the whole pod needs to be replaced instead of just the failed one. I’m installing a auto meter set in my 40 right now. you can custom order almost anything you want including combo gauges even 5 in one. This custom set cost just over 1k.
AB57F849-2F71-46C7-81A2-F5DCA21111CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep you can just swap out the bulbs, or if you have two gauges just run the two bulbs in series. That's how mine are hooked up. Seemed like a waste of $$ little 24v bulbs.

A lot of gauges are self powered too. I have an isspro like that, only voltage it needs is forthe light bulb. Same with boost (just a pressure gauge after all)

Makes install easier, and I've found some of the powered gauges (autometer etc) really sensitive. Frequently go ape**** for no apparent reason.

Do you remember where you got it? Since mine is crapped out, I'll need a replacement.

I bought it from someone who had bought it brand new and never used it. List price is $300usd, but I paid $100cad or so if I remember correct. I think it's model 2DC2-30SS . I like it because it's simple and very reliable. No weird behavior and easy to install. This is a picture of it:
2DC2-30SS.jpg

I don’t like combo gauges. If one were to fail the whole pod needs to be replaced instead of just the failed one. I’m installing a auto meter set in my 40 right now. you can custom order almost anything you want including combo gauges even 5 in one. This custom set cost just over 1k.

I like that - 190?! You're gonna need to throw it off a cliff to get that kinda speed.

I like that - 190?! You're gonna need to throw it off a cliff to get that kinda speed.

Haha that made me spit up my drink.

So true...

I think the fastest I been in the 40 is 120k and it was terrifying! It cruises nice at 100k though. It’s got a 3b, h55, splitcase, 3.70 diffs with 33 inch tires. Though I liked my 31 inch tires so much better I might switch back some day.

Haha that made me spit up my drink.

So true...

I think the fastest I been in the 40 is 120k and it was terrifying! It cruises nice at 100k though. It’s got a 3b, h55, splitcase, 3.70 diffs with 33 inch tires. Though I liked my 31 inch tires so much better I might switch back some day.

Those are tall for a 3B. Simple, turbo and go to 4.11's I would think.

Oh yeah it’s turbod too... but yes too tall your right.

It’s got a Schwitzer turbo kit on it.
3E8BADCA-0D4B-49D1-9751-E431C5B48D5B.jpeg

Ok, back on topic folks...

Lordco can get me Automoter for the ripe 'ol price of ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Pyro is just under $300 with my discount. Temp sensor is about $120. Boost is about $100. So...nope.

Glowshift makes a 3-in-1 digital gauge, but it's only 12v. A fellow fighfighter has one in his cummins and after a year it's starting to glitch because of the cheap connections, but it still works. Glowshift replied to my concerns with a big fat "After 30 days you pay shipping to USA to and from at your cost..." ummmmmm......nope. Gauge is a $180 USD part, which I'm not prepared to spend on something that's got a 30 day warranty essentially.

Also, under new developments...a fellow mudder made the obvious point that my dash has an OEM boost gauge (green light, orange light), which isn't ideal but at least let's me know if there's boost or not.

And with a fairly stock turbo setup, EGT's should be fine, and maybe I'll install a larger exhaust to reduce those anyways.

So, in the end I'm probably really only "needing" the trans temp gauge, so I might spring for that Autometer and then just wait to get a sweet deal like GTSS one day from someone who isn't using theirs.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom