Trip setup formerly known as "Wheeler Lake" now "Fainting Goats trip" 15 May 2010".

Visit site
I tried Wheeler Lake trail in June about 15 years ago and encountered 6 foot deep snow drifts about a third of the way up. We parked and hiked from there, bushwhacking up over the ridge that leads to the lake. Not to rain on the parade, but this is a true high altitude trip. July 4 is the traditional start of high country four wheeling. I'm not saying you shouldn't go, as it is beautiful up there, but don't have high expectations of making it anywhere near the lake. Vic

Visit site
I gota believe that the 6' of snow from 15 years ago is gone by now?:hillbilly:

Leave it to our Pres... to be a smart A:censor:

Well, lets be prepared so bring......your chains, shovels, blankets, winches, snow suits, snow boots, first aid, fainting goats, flairs, GPS's, Satellite Cell phones, CB's, Ham Radios, tents, dogs, children, wives, spare parts, tools, alpacas, spikes for shoes, rope, harnesses, carabiners, construction tools to make a log cabin, hot dogs....oh and LUKE don't forget your "GRILL", it worked soooo well last time, we probably will need it again :flipoff2:

Visit site
You forgot this...
kitchen_sink.jpeg

Website
www.crawlorado.com
i think that wheeler lake may have been a mistake for this time of year..

Anyone have ideas of another place to go instead? Or do you guys want to drive 2 hours to find out that its snowed in?? ;p

Visit site
i think that wheeler lake may have been a mistake for this time of year..

Anyone have ideas of another place to go instead? Or do you guys want to drive 2 hours to find out that its snowed in?? ;p

I was kind of wondering the same thing, but I don't know that area.

Last edited:
Visit site
I was thinking going to MT. Baldy sounded like fun. Could also run down Bull Park if we so desired. I would want to stay away from Eagle rock this time of year too. :clap:

Visit site
Don't care where we go--just want to try out my totallybitchinmegafine racing seats and new stereo (thanks to the punk who stole the last one).

All out of goats tho--guy down the road has alpacas--I'll see if I can borrow one....

Visit site
so? what's it going to be? I agree that we're most likely not going to get to wheeler lake, That's why you don't let a guy who's only lived here three years make the trail list. :D Chinaman's Gulch? Mount baldy? My 4runner is probably not going to be ready by then, and I'm not driving the rust bucket to Buena Vista, (I REALLY want to run that trail in the rust bucket, but don't wanna drive it that far) so my vote is on Mount Baldy / Bull run area. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if everyone went to B.V. Just need to get this rolling.

Visit site
I'm definitely in for this run wherever it is, but my wife's uncle has a sprint car/midget race in Calhan saturday night that I'm invited to go to so a closer run would make that easier to get to. I don't have any ideas or suggestions to offer but i'm game for anything (except maybe Blanca... or Carnage)

Visit site
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this trip (where ever it may be), the Colonel put me in charge of the end of school year party for the department :crybaby:. I'm stuck on this one. Where ever you go, take pics and post here, and "may the fainting goat power be with you!":cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom