Trip - Hurricane Creek, June 3-5, 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Radiator when out in the bj73 ,80 has been acting up since the tide ride , was picking up 97 lx450 ,but seller is out of town till Saturday. If I can get radiator recored I'm in .

Folks, please check your e-mail regularly as all correspondence will be e-mail. I'm asking for weather feedback and have only received one e-mail from Scott. Please "reply all" so we can keep the discussion rolling.

I am locked and loaded, and loaded and unlocked (doors don't have keys) and ready to roll out in the AM. Hoping no little neighborhood punk a$$e$ Mess with the cooler on the hitch hauler. I elected to use dry ice vs normal ice... Hoping that I made a good choice.my small cooler has ice in it.

I have food for me and Gman, snacks to share, beer for Steve for letting me park my tow rig at his & Marshall's shop in Greenvillle. I also have a 5 gallons bottle of water, some charcoal and fire starters, so that we can have F-I-R-E. Close are packed in a dry box, and I am ready to roll. Only thing I did not actually get, and I am slightly concerned that it might be an issue, was actual firewood...

Plan to leave Summerville EARLY Friday AM, since I need to drive to Greenville, unload and park the tow rig - and I know that I will visit @Trollhole while I am there..... Mostly so I can check out @CharlestonG8R -45.

I will be on CH19 if anyone is rolling the same way, or give me a phone call. Let the good times roll :steer:

I am locked and loaded, and loaded and unlocked (doors don't have keys) and ready to roll out in the AM. Hoping no little neighborhood punk a$$e$ Mess with the cooler on the hitch hauler. I elected to use dry ice vs normal ice... Hoping that I made a good choice.my small cooler has ice in it.

I have food for me and Gman, snacks to share, beer for Steve for letting me park my tow rig at his & Marshall's shop in Greenvillle. I also have a 5 gallons bottle of water, some charcoal and fire starters, so that we can have F-I-R-E. Close are packed in a dry box, and I am ready to roll. Only thing I did not actually get, and I am slightly concerned that it might be an issue, was actual firewood...

Plan to leave Summerville EARLY Friday AM, since I need to drive to Greenville, unload and park the tow rig - and I know that I will visit @Trollhole while I am there..... Mostly so I can check out @CharlestonG8R -45.

I will be on CH19 if anyone is rolling the same way, or give me a phone call. Let the good times roll :steer:
Very well, I'm contemplating the @GLTHFJ60 preparation method...2 cases of beer, most of a bottle of rum, a tarp, last seasons sleeping bag, and a half a pack of hot dogs. It's a 106 miles...

I've got my hitch haul loaded up with firewood, it's a bit wet after the rain we got today but we should be able to get it going.

We had a great time at Hurricane Creek! Me, Becca, Laney and Finn made a solo journey down Hurricane Creek trail starting at 7:30 pm and finally made it to the campsite at about 10 or 10:30. The Tacoma did great but I was scared I was going to rip the hitch haul off the receiver. Becca didn't like the trail that much, but we made it to the end without any incidents and no wrong turns. How we found our way was only by God's hand because the map I had was really hard to read. Luckily the Tim, Erik and Chris and Leigh Ann and Gunner ahead of me had left a few markers. The air mattress sprung a bad leak so we had to sleep on the hard ground!! First World Problems- I know!! We had a beautiful adventure to Max Patch and Wolf Creek Falls but then the rain started coming down later in the evening. We did however have some great Cheez it encrusted Mahi and Vidalia Onion Bratwurst, which was out of this world! Me and my family had a great time even though everyone was ready to get out of the rain early on Sunday morning. Thanks for the great food, fun and fellowship! It was great hanging out with everyone and we can't wait to do it again. Plus Gunner was a real sport playing with Laney! She had so much fun!

DSCN2704.JPG
DSCN2709.JPG
DSCN2713.JPG
DSCN2710.JPG
DSCN2715.JPG

Here are some more pics! Also a big thanks go out to the fellas for putting up my tent for me on Friday nite while I was unloading everything else! I really appreciate the help!!!
DSCN2719.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG

This was an excellent trip, one that we'll do again. This was our first LCLC's trip, so it will only get better with time as we fine-tune it. Thanks to everyone who made it enjoyable--Scott, Becca, Lanney, Erik, Gunner, Chris and Leigh Ann, and as always the 4-legged ones too.

The first day drive in is something any stock 4x4 can do, maybe even a 4x2 if roads are dry. Hitch hauls on non-lifted rigs did get a little banged up.
552.JPG

The view from atop at Max Patch after a short hike.

557.JPG

Waterfalls were a short hike from the road.

561.JPG

Wish I could've made it this weekend.

The campsite was great, and so were those Teq cups and whatever was in them.

565.JPG

Erik "helping" Leigh Ann in the kitchen. Luckily, the rain held off until the last night.

568.JPG

A couple of asses in the road, and please, no comments from the peanut gallery about @ErikinSC

577.JPG

Gman's maiden voyage - first time ever driving

I was wondering if the asses would still be there when you guys drove out.

Here are a few more photo's from Leigh Ann.

That was a nice, straight Hitch Haul....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom