Trimmed stock bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any updates on tips and tricks for trimming the front and rear bumpers? Anybody do it and run into any issues or have any regrets or anything?

I want to trim mine up, but I really dont want to have them flapping around in the wind or something...

Any updates on tips and tricks for trimming the front and rear bumpers? Anybody do it and run into any issues or have any regrets or anything?

I want to trim mine up, but I really dont want to have them flapping around in the wind or something...

To tag along with this and bump an old thread what are people using to trim these? Shears? Hot knife? Grinder? Jigsaw?

I haven't done mine, i ended up getting a steel bumper, but i have cut bumpers in the past. I wouldn't use a hot knife or a cutting wheel that has high RPMs. It will create an edge with melted burrs on it. Using a sharp utility knife or 30* blade on an exacto knife works well. Just be slow and patient. If you do use a power tool, mask the area and draw your line to cut over the masking tape. Use painters tape and it will lessen any chances of pulling a chip of paint off.

Also, use a fine tooth blade if cutting with a jig saw or sawzall.

I haven't done mine, i ended up getting a steel bumper, but i have cut bumpers in the past. I wouldn't use a hot knife or a cutting wheel that has high RPMs. It will create an edge with melted burrs on it. Using a sharp utility knife or 30* blade on an exacto knife works well. Just be slow and patient. If you do use a power tool, mask the area and draw your line to cut over the masking tape. Use painters tape and it will lessen any chances of pulling a chip of paint off.

Also, use a fine tooth blade if cutting with a jig saw or sawzall.

I’m going to try a cutting bit for a Dremel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom