Triad Monthly Meeting - July 7th Cookout... ALL AREAS INVITED (1 Viewer)

When could you be at a Triad meeting for July?

• During the week - normal time - July 3rd

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Following week - July 10th

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Weekend cookout: June 30th

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Weekend cookout: July 7th

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Other....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
Triad Cookout
July 7th - 12 noon till......

Hendog's House
1779 Mount Olivet Church Rd, Lexington, NC

Signups for food/drink/etc:

@David1947 = Burgers, Brats and buns
@jfz80 = Bean Salad and watermelon
@jamesurq = Cooler full of beer and kids drinks and music system
@HENDOG = Tea, Lemonade, Ribs, devilled eggs, Lettuce, Tomato, Onions
@forrest5000 = Club canopy for shade
@WhiteTiger911 = Bouncy House
@jtmosca = Maybe..... Homemade Salsa
@40LandCruising = Dessert
@77 KROOZER = Baked Beans/maybe mac and cheese/maybe black bean burgers
@erymer = Chips / Drinks / Dessert
@Mtbcoach = award winning chili.
@lumbee1 = baked beans.
@TB03 = paper products.

Last edited:
Triad Park on 7/7 is liable to be very busy and crowded. A cookout on 6/30 is still liable to be crowded. Someone said the Hispanics come out in record numbers on Saturdays. 7/10 cookout at the park might work. We did it once in cooler weather and it was nice. Personally I like the 10th no matter where we go.

I mistakenly voted for it . .I won't even be around :(

So it looks like we're tied for "next week" and "weekend - July 7th"

Let's go ahead and pick one of those, you can modify your vote if you like.

Depending on availbility of shelters and reservation costs there are some nice parks up this way. Its a bit of a haul but could be coupled with a tube trip down the dan or a trip to hanging rock.

Mayo River State park has a 2 mile hike trail, 2 fishing ponds, and several grills surrounding a large structure. Not sure if there is a reservation req but i think not.

Farris Memorial park in Mayodan as well has fishing ($4) hiking, biking, mini golf and several shelters i believe are free of cost.

Depending on availbility of shelters and reservation costs there are some nice parks up this way. Its a bit of a haul but could be coupled with a tube trip down the dan or a trip to hanging rock.

Mayo River State park has a 2 mile hike trail, 2 fishing ponds, and several grills surrounding a large structure. Not sure if there is a reservation req but i think not.

Farris Memorial park in Mayodan as well has fishing ($4) hiking, biking, mini golf and several shelters i believe are free of cost.
As much as you and Steve travel down this way for the monthly meetings I'd have no issue at all taking this up your way. Sounds fun.

Stands for future engagements as well. I was kinda wondering if triad would have a shelter available and thought there was a reservation fee but that may have been elsewhere.

Triad has some larger shelters that are reservable, a couple of shelters and other cooking spots that are first come/first serve. Not sure on the rules about just using your own stoves but we could just find a shady spot and grill.

All that said, the idea of a quick swim or tubing trip sounds great to me with all the heat we’ve been having. We’re heading up there this Sunday to do that.

So it's officially July 7th.

Who would like to help organize. Need a few volunteers:

1 - Location spotting/choosing/claiming
2 - Food planning/purchasing
3 - Grill/charcoal/etc

Put me down for grill and charcoal.

EDIT: I'll bring hamburgers and Brats with adequate buns.

Last edited:
Sounds like you’re volunteering for item 1.

He is either volunteering for the job or volunteering someone else for the job.

Put me down for grill and charcoal.

EDIT: I'll bring hamburgers and Brats with adequate buns.

Well, if you do handle all that - I'll throw you some cash. Couple sides, some drinks and we're golden.

I'll throw up a Facebook invite with location TBD. Anderson, let us know what you decide :)

No cash required, I would do that for my friends anytime. Someone can bring some sides and condiments.

I vote for Anderson as the new site coordinator!? :flipoff2:

O.K. we can host at our place if you like. Location just south of the Forsyth Davidson County Line off Rt.150.
We are in the middle of construction of my new 1800 sqft Garage. It could also be a camping weekend if anyone would like that as well. We have 5.5 acres and the back half is wooded and pretty private. Now that I think of it I have a huge bonfire that could be lit off as well.
I can offer a large Black Primo Grill for slow smoking several shoulders or grilling burgers and dogs. house has a large Deck, and we currently have a well maintained (Weekly) Porta John on site.
Having said all that I would love to go for a Float on a river also.

Thanks man, You have an address/GPS coordinates I can add to the invite?

And as info, offering up your place as a camping spot for anyone coming out from CLT or RDU is a nice gesture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom