Trekking with Trekboxx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome summary Paul ! I too saw the great drawer system at HIH ! I want one! Well designed and built !

Thank god I was there during the install.... David and Paul would have been lost without my smart ass comments and fatalistic attitude. Despite my best efforts the system went into Pauls truck just fine. Conceding my loss to team TrekBoxx I supplied beer.

I'm glad I've had drawers all these years (my own build and ARB/OS) but now I wish they were TrekBoxx.

hello very interested in this system; do you have any photos of the installation/attachment to the floor? also if someone wants to opt out of the metal top portion; is the a way to create a possible flat surface to match up with the 2nd row seats folded down to create a sleeping platform?? thanks

Reactions: TG1
hello very interested in this system; do you have any photos of the installation/attachment to the floor? also if someone wants to opt out of the metal top portion; is the a way to create a possible flat surface to match up with the 2nd row seats folded down to create a sleeping platform?? thanks

email sent

E-mail sent? I was kind of curious to hear the response.

Here you go!

The system is bolted to the floor using the existing threaded holes for the 3rd row seats. If you visit the website, you'll see that all of the barriers, etc., are optional items, so you can just get what you need. The system is 12" high, so the top is level with the folded 2nd row seats. There is a large gap under the cargo barrier, so you could still sleep underneath it if it was an option you wanted. I haven't developed a sleeping platform yet, but I probably will if there's enough interest. You could also add one yourself pretty easily. Thanks for the interest. Let me know if I can help further!
David

There is a photo of Dave tightening the 3rd row seat attachment points early in my original post. You can see several of the bolts

Great review, it was like the mud version of an infomercial! I do think for a family the drawer/cargo system really works out. I'd be interested in your 6 month review about how you like it day to day. Our stroller is a monster double wide and eats up real-estate quick... Maybe when all our kids are upright and independent.

I don't know about a double-wide, but our BOB stroller even fits on the shelf above the fridge with the quick release wheels.

Paul- decided on some pull handles to make it a one-handed affair. They'll be in the mail!
IMG_3233.jpg IMG_3236.jpg

Our double wide bob fits just fine with the two main wheels taken off and the front wheel still on. I'll have to take a photo of it next time it's in. So far still loving the drawers. My wife still can't believe we didn't have them sooner. It's great to ways have a solid place for everything. I went on a surf photography trip and all my camera gear was locked up in the main drawer, water housing in a 1600 pelican case went above the fridge and all my wetsuits and water gear shoved in the left side. It was great. With the line x coating I didn't care about sand or water.

Incredible write up, very informative. The wife and I are getting into the outdoors, and now with our 7 month old (and 3 year old lab) the stock 100 is a wonderful machine to get us started. This will be a future mod for sure.

hello thanks for all the pics but what are you using to bolt the box to the floor of the vehicle or attach to the 3rd row seat loops?? is there something attached to the bottom of the drawers??

Yup; showed the wife this thread and she was totally game for it when kids come along! Excellent job marketing this product for families!! :) one less thing that I need to convince her on!

I don't know about a double-wide, but our BOB stroller even fits on the shelf above the fridge with the quick release wheels.

Paul- decided on some pull handles to make it a one-handed affair. They'll be in the mail!
View attachment 940235 View attachment 940236

Hi David, I would like a pair of those pull handles as well...looks like a perfect solution for one-handed operation! Can you let me know how much it would cost to get a pair?

Thanks!

hello thanks for all the pics but what are you using to bolt the box to the floor of the vehicle or attach to the 3rd row seat loops?? is there something attached to the bottom of the drawers??
See above posts- answered...
Yup; showed the wife this thread and she was totally game for it when kids come along! Excellent job marketing this product for families!! :) one less thing that I need to convince her on!

Just let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom