TreadWright (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try stating what they are and provided a link ;)

a few others have...a search might find the threads ;)

concerns were brought up about tread separation and such...I've go 10k on mine...some offroad, the expected wear characteristics for Moab rock...other than not being a 'quiet' tire, I have zero complaints about them

(well, I'd like 315's....maybe they'll have those someday)

:meh: Who needs the home page when you can bookmark the forum itself?

*edit* I see Optimas are awesome batteries :lol:

Mud has a home page?

;)

I personally wouldn't run retreads on a vehicle that sees highway speeds.

We run these on all our heavy truck drive and trailer axles, no fails in the last 15 years.

Bandag – NO DETOURS

Course new goes on the steer axle..

They don't offer any good sizes that are covered by their warranty. The price isn't much better than a bias tire (super swamper LTB).

I was entirely wrong about Treadwright tires. For years and years I have defended them. I put a bunch of miles on them on my wife's FJC and ordered them for my Tundra. All the research I did showed very little problems with them and you can't beat the price.

Until you have one come apart and destroy your truck.

I had one have complete tread failure while towing a couple of weeks ago. The tread came off and whipped around taking out the side of the bed, everything in the wheelwell, the tail light and the tail gate. $3000.00 worth of damage. I kept the 9,000 5th wheel under control when the rim hit the ground, and spent the next hour on the side of a busy highway putting the spare on while shaking like a leaf from the adrenaline.

Treadwright will not even cover the two year warranty on the tire. I sent them a picture of a tire with no tread on it and the warranty guy says its an impact split.

Anybody that buys these tires is a fool. They may have been a good company once. They certainly aren't any more. There products are dangerous and they don't stand behind them.

tell me if you think this looks like its an impact split failure.

2014-08-17 09.03.45.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Gumby, I was actually considering them. Not now, not if they do s*** like that. Even once

Their warranty says that any casing belt separations aren't covered.

retreads come apart all the time on big trucks and passenger vehicles. if you want to save money and tear them apart on rocks where there is little chance of getting seriously injured from failure, go for it. putting them on a highway vehicle is a crap shoot and I'm no gambler.

Dang.
That sucks.
I've seen enough big truck repops come apart to never want to rely on them on my vehicles personally.
Guy at work has them on his jeep. I'll make sure i show him the carnage.

Looks dangerous to me. When it comes down to saving a couple bucks, you have to ask how much is your life or your loved ones lives are worth.

Last edited:
Gumby was pulling a fifth wheel with a tundra, I doubt that qualifies as a massive load. What would happen to your 40 and you if that situation occurred while you were driving at highway speeds? Is it worth the risk just to save a couple bucks?

I was entirely wrong about Treadwright tires. For years and years I have defended them. I put a bunch of miles on them on my wife's FJC and ordered them for my Tundra. All the research I did showed very little problems with them and you can't beat the price.

Until you have one come apart and destroy your truck.

I had one have complete tread failure while towing a couple of weeks ago. The tread came off and whipped around taking out the side of the bed, everything in the wheelwell, the tail light and the tail gate. $3000.00 worth of damage. I kept the 9,000 5th wheel under control when the rim hit the ground, and spent the next hour on the side of a busy highway putting the spare on while shaking like a leaf from the adrenaline.

Treadwright will not even cover the two year warranty on the tire. I sent them a picture of a tire with no tread on it and the warranty guy says its an impact split.

Anybody that buys these tires is a fool. They may have been a good company once. They certainly aren't any more. There products are dangerous and they don't stand behind them.

tell me if you think this looks like its an impact split failure.

It looks like a s***ty re-tread to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom