TRD S/C? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this may sound really ignorant........but who is trying to turn their 80 into a sports car? who even said they wanted that. ............ i think guys want more power. some want that power for towing, others for wheeling, i may want it when i start pushing 37s next month.......;)

[quote author=FZJFillmore link=board=2;threadid=7393;start=msg62615#msg62615 date=1068737302]
Shed-

I personally don't see much NEED for it, as in it's not a practical add-on. If anyone is trying to dellusion themselves into turning an 80 into a sports car, they're starting with the wrong vehicle. Also, maybe it's different where you're at, but here in Utah we've got lots of people, most of them without a clue, adding superchargers to their Toys (mostly Tacomas and 4Runners). And then they continue on their clueless way using low octane fuel, forgetting about services, etc., and then wonder why their engine blows.

As far as the price, if someone wants to save me $1000 off list price and still make $100 in the process, I'd say we're both happy. And I don't think the dealership is going to be hurting toooo bad.
[/quote]

Man lucky your in the area then hey.... can save all those poor people from themselves who dont NEED anything but get it because they WANT it.

Real size tyres and weighty extras sure make the car drive a little better when you bolt on some extra hp.

And the only place the dealer would be hurting is reputation, discounting stuff to those elvels to attract a sale does nobody any good in the long run, especially those who "dont have a clue" yet your making it easier for them to get.

Shed Guy,

So you have the turbo as well? I thought I was the only one in the forum.
Mine has been in about 1 1/2 years with no problem. It is a night and day difference. I pull a huge boat (who said an 80 wasn't made for towing?) You just need to make a few mods. It can also be fun as I am sure many drivers see my big ole Cruiser and think as they are getting in the right lane to beat me across the light and cut into my lane that "I can beat that pig across the intersection" then depending upon my mood I like to show them...they can't.

Yomama

Cory,

Well, it took you a while but you've finally made a post in this thread that I can 100% agree with.

:D

-B-

May I suggest a source? :flipoff2:

can you beat the "advertised" price here though CDan :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

14Nov2003 (UTC -7)

I have a supercharged FZJ-80, and I like it... a lot. :D I did have to get a new radiator (just to be sure), colder spark plugs, and new coolant mix though.

And CDan, if you have a very good price of a TRD s/c for a 2001 UZJ-100, I'd be happy to know it ;) I would have gone Safari turbo, but the Aussies don't want to sell it, smog or no smog rating... Next Monday, hopefully I can install the TRD V8 headers (with Jet Hot ceramic coating) in www.mudrak.com in anticipation for the s/c. Red Line Water Wetter and colder Denso spark plugs will be next, as well as an EGT and boost gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom