TRD Pros '18 vs RockWarriors (1 Viewer)

Wheel Choice for White 200 Series with 285/70 BFG KO2's

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BajaCruiser94

SILVER Star
Threads
Here's the deal, I currently ride a 100 series, my new to me 200 series is on the paint shop (Super White color) and will be back soon so I can finish the build.
The 100 series rides in a set of Tundra TRD Pro's and 285's KO2; I wanted to duplicate the setup on the 200 series but just can get around paying the asking price of a new set of Tundra TRD's then powder coating them and getting the TRD center caps.
I did find a good set of RockWarriors near by, less than 450 bucks; thinking on having them powder coated glossy black for the 200 series; or maybe swapping them to the 100 series and keep the 200 series with the TRD Pro's.

Is there any benefit/downside on either (TRD Pro vs RockWarrior) set for my 200 series? Rig will be a daily driver with some moderate off road usage now and then; plan is 285/70's BFG KO's and front OEM spacer.
Any opinions?

Thanks
-Emerson.

If you like to run through nasty rocks...and/or air way down for various scenarios, then you want more rubber than metal.
If you are on tall wheels, you've got significantly less space (when aired down) before a pinch-cut can spell tire doom.

If my LC could accommodate 16's or 15's, I'd have them.
17" Rock Warriors are the next best thing IMO.

You pretty much can't beat Rock Warriors for their weight:strength ratio, either.

Last edited:
I agree with Markuson. Buy what you want to look back on ten years from now and be happy with. I like
RW and five years on I like them as much or more as when I purchased them.

Is there any benefit/downside on either (TRD Pro vs RockWarrior) set for my 200 series? Rig will be a daily driver with some moderate off road usage now and then; plan is 285/70's BFG KO's and front OEM spacer.
Any opinions?

Thanks
-Emerson.

Toyota recommends the 17" TRD wheels with LT285/70R17 tires, so that's what I run and what I'd recommend.

Here's some "required reading" if you are seriously considering the 17" Rock Warriors:

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/ins...er TRD Alloy Wheel PTR45-34070-34120 IssF.pdf

HTH

When I bought my 200, I wanted the TRD Pro's but Markuson managed to talk me out of them. I am always grateful to him for that. I love my TRD Rock Warriors after many years. Was admiring my new KO2s just a few minutes ago. Somehow they really sticks out more aggresively with the Rock Warriors. My buddy has new 16" KO2s on his expedition and it doesn't look nearly as nice. Like Gaijin says its recommended directly by Toyota in their manual, 'enuff said.

I personally feel the weight difference alone would justify the RW’s and that’s what I’ve chosen to do on both my 100 & 200’s summer wheels.

Although, you may look at some of the other options for colors too when you have them powder coated. Black is fine but there are so many additional dark color options. I went with a textured bronze, and it’s not a dramatic difference but just enough to pop in the sunlight.

If you like to run through nasty rocks...and/or air way down for various scenarios, then you want more rubber than metal.
If you are on tall wheels, you've got significantly less space (when aired down) before a pinch-cut can spell tire doom.

If my LC could accommodate 16's or 15's, I'd have them.
17" Rock Warriors are the next best thing IMO.

You pretty much can't beat Rock Warriors for their weight:strength ratio, either.

The bead ring as a replaceable part that can protect the bead and valve stem is also a huge benefit. Mine have some scrapes, but do you still have that pic with the huge gouge in one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom